Nimrod

Refuse tip ablaze again
Each year the rubbish tip on the road leading out of Yalikavak on the Bodrum road seems to explode into flames sending large amounts of toxic gases into the sky.

It is yet again in flames as the brigade do very little to contain it.

It seems that the Belediyere are quite happy to have this annual burn off regardless of the effect on the environment.

Does anybody know anything about the intended future of the tip?

tomc1984

Refuse tip ablaze again
Yes we have been watching this, worrying at first, looked like a forest fire. Still bellowing smoke now.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Refuse tip ablaze again
With the dryness of the countryside I think it totally irresponsible to allow this kind of fire to burn unckecked if this was the case.

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
Refuse tip ablaze again
Do you not think it is a bit of a coincidence this happens every year? I think it is burned down deliberately with no consideration to the polluting of the area. It is disgraceful.

lynne

Refuse tip ablaze again
Gypsies. Been told by very reliable client who has a recyclying business in UK that he visited and saw the children going through all the rubbish scavenging. So sad.

ChrisBobs

Refuse tip ablaze again
The problem with the tip / tips- as Bodrums went up three weeks ago and still is smoking....that all the belediyeler decided on the greenest, least spoilt area of the peninsula - the upper valley of the agricultural village of Derekoy ( on the Ortakent-Gumusluk road) for the site of a proposed new Solid Waste disposal plant. Not surprisngly the villagers and a lot of people concerned about water supply have opposed it. Stalemate at the moment.

ChrisBobs

Refuse tip ablaze again
They could be included in a sensible all-peninsula recyling plan........( that s a wish and a half?!), we may all be buried/ burnt by this appaling waste problem.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom