PASH

red wine
You can actually buy Rioja in the Migros but.................beware - Not Cheap!

Reactions: Abo

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
red wine
Introduce her to Telebag at 4.50 TL a bottle. :wink:

It's a very versatile Turkish wine. You can drink it, degrease engines with it, unblock drains..... :lol:

Pash is right, Rioja is available in Migros and other large supermarkets but it's very heavily taxed and therefore expensive.

mafalda

red wine
When I first arrived to Turkey 15 years ago, you usually had the grand choice of either Yakut (red wine) or Cankaya (white wine). This made buying and drinking wine rather predictable, but also quite simple. Things have changed now - but Yakut still exists - and I am sure continues to be a decent wine? (try!)

Akasya

Postless Pointer
red wine
The word decent and wine surely cannot be applied in the same sentence to Turkish fermentations.

Steve.

maggie

red wine
I actually like Telibag (white) and Im not adverse to Dikmen (white) either.

Do as we do make your own.

Rocket fuel and a great hangover had by all.
Hugs Maggie xxx

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
red wine
I am sorry to hear that the majority of you don't like the Turkish wines. I can only suggest that you experiment and you will be pleasantly surprised. We buy Arya from Metro at a price of between 6tl and 7tl a bottle. I have had many a french wine that tastes a lot worse. More expensive are a range called DLC and I should be surprised if you did not find one of those to your liking. Angora is another drinkable wine.

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
red wine
I agree, Angora is a nice wine, red or white, and an average price too of around 14 TL. Yakut is my favourite red, but as it is more expensive, it is saved for special occasions, or when on special offer at the supermarket!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
red wine
I prefer rose wine of the sweeter type typically, Rosato is my favourite as I prefer yari tatli but it can be expensive, anyone know of an alternative that is semi sweet ?

Martin

red wine
I agree, Angora is a nice wine, red or white, and an average price too of around 14 TL. Yakut is my favourite red, but as it is more expensive, it is saved for special occasions, or when on special offer at the supermarket!
Maybe worth a daytrip to Dalyan sometime to stock up on Angora (depending of course on how much you can carry!!!!). One place sells it at 9.90TL compared to the usual 14 or 15TL.

Tess

red wine
Sorry I am not much of a wine drinker folks but I have heard the brand / make Harman talked about, it was said it was very nice and quite reasonable, think you can have red or white.

JAYTEE

red wine
Our favourite wine when in Turkey is Villa Doluca. Comes in red or white. When we were last over in April it was on special offer in Migros if you had a Migros card. Looking forward to when we next over in 2 1/2 weeks - have a few bottles in our cupboard and can't wait to sit on our terrace and drink a bottle or two!!

Kalkan regular

The Golden Girls
red wine
I'm a red wine drinker and I love the Majestic red, which I prefer to Angora and it is a similar price. I only found it this year so I don't know if it's new or I have just been blind before.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
red wine
I like Cumartesi and Misli reds for everyday drinking, and Angora with a nice meal at home. There are many whites we've tried and not liked, but we've found one called Pagos, it's only 5tl a bottle and very nice chilled with lunch.

Top Bottom