immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Reclaiming UK VAT
As I am a resident of Turkey, can I reclaim VAT paid in UK on goods I am bringing back to Turkey?

If I buy by post from UK I can get VAT taken off by the shipper before they send it to me in Turkey. If I buy goods while on holiday can I get it back?

Ian

Reclaiming UK VAT
Yes you can Ian.

You have to fill in a tax return form form each store that you have shopped in, with their stamp on the form. Minimum you have to spend in one go is 75 pounds.
Then you will give this form at the airport in England to the tax refund office (each terminal has one).
BTW you need to have an address in Turkey plus Turkish passport. Also remember you need to have a (Turkish) credit card where they can refund the money to.

If you don't have a Turkish passport then you must show your proof of residency.

Last edited by a moderator:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Reclaiming UK VAT
No Turkish credit card - can I have it payed into Turkish bank using Iban, I wonder?

Ian

Andywebb

Reclaiming UK VAT
Yes you can Ian.

You have to fill in a tax return form form each store that you have shopped in, with their stamp on the form. Minimum you have to spend in one go is 75 pounds.
Then you will give this form at the airport in England to the tax refund office (each terminal has one).
BTW you need to have an address in Turkey plus Turkish passport. Also remember you need to have a (Turkish) credit card where they can refund the money to.

If you don't have a Turkish passport then you must show your proof of residency.

One other point is that you must show the goods to tax office at the airport. No goods then no tax refund.

Have read at this it is direct from the VAT Office HM Revenue & Customs

Last edited:

basic

Reclaiming UK VAT
I got my tax in cash back on a laptop bought in PCWorld with a debit card,only had to show my receipt,the form that PCWorld did and passport as all the other info was on the form that PCWorld filled in. This was at Gatwick last year.
I had the laptop,in fact i had one and the wife had one with me but i did not even have take it out of the case to show them.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom