Tess

Recipe for Plum Sauce Please!!!
:biggrin::biggrin: Hi can I just ask all you marvellous cooks out there to maybe give me some tips to make a lovely plum sauce to have with duck please :biggrin::biggrin: Thanks xxx

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Go to your local supermarket.

Find the aisle with the Chinese cooking ingredients.

Pick-up a Jar of Amoy ( or Lee Kum Kee) Plum Sauce.

Pay for it.

Come home and about 15 -20 minutes before your duck is cooked, pour said bottle of sauce over the duck and allow to finish cooking.

Rery Rubbery !

:3:

Last edited:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Hi Tes also go to www,scotts -restraunt .co.uk/recipe2002

Hope it tastes good .... Diane

hijo

in my own clique
..if you google( videojug)..you will get any recipe there ..also easy to follow videos..:biggrin:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Seriously Tess,

Put "plum sauce recipe" into any search engine and you'll get several hundred, thousands even, hits.

Tess

Hi KKOB, yes I knew how to do that but I just wondered if any of you 'professional' Fanny Craddock types out there had a tried and tested one, I just wanted to hit of you many wonderful cooks out there after reading the lovely things you prepare and eat. Thanks all for your input. Thanks for taking the time to answer. My daughter loves duck and I wanted make it a bit more special for her.

pipermam

Hi Tess this is a recipe I use with chicken. I'm sure it would work well with duck. It is simple to make and has been tried and tested by many...........and given the thumbs up.

Baked Chicken with plums, ginger and soy.
8 chicken breasts
4 tbs. olive oil
1 onion peeled and chopped
25g butter
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs. tomato puree
2 tbs. soft brown sugar
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp mustard powder
350g good quality plum jam
A dash of Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
6 fresh plums, stoned and quartered.

Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4/ 180ºC/350ºF

Method.
Season the chicken pieces, then brown them lightly in the olive oil and set aside.
In a separate pan, gently sauté the onions in the butter for 10 mins. or until soft. Add the remaining ingredients except for the fresh plums and simmer for 15 minutes. Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer on a baking dish. Cover with the sauce and scatter over the plum quarters. Bake in the oven for 45 mins. or until bubbling.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom