Maisie

Read Receipt
Through no fault of my own (i.e. I had no choice) I am using Hotmail for my emails.

I cannot find how to ask for a Read Receipt to be appended to any emails I send. I have found how to send a receipt to anyone who emails me, but not how to ask for one for my records.

Can any one help please?

Maisie

oldfogy

Just passing through
Read Receipt
Through no fault of my own (i.e. I had no choice) I am using Hotmail for my emails.

I cannot find how to ask for a Read Receipt to be appended to any emails I send. I have found how to send a receipt to anyone who emails me, but not how to ask for one for my records.

Can any one help please?

Maisie
The receipt option in Outlook express is in the tools - Options - Receipts, menu then towards the top of the Page/Tab and nothing to do with Hotmail.

But why on earth you want to inflict that on everyone you send a email to is beyond me as apart from anything else you will probably find most people just ignore it, I know I do when receiving such requests.

Last edited:

Maisie

Read Receipt
I don't wish to inflict this on anyone. Just an odd one here and there. Like when I am moaning at our local council for something. So many nameless bods, that when you actually get a name, it is handy with ongoing dialogue.

I know that this can be ignored, but usually people comply. When I was using Outlook Express, I always asked for a receipt from the Turkish Banks. They always ticked the box, so to speak.

Also, this can be useful if I am waiting for a reply from someone. If they opt to send me a read receipt, then I can estimate how long to wait for an answer before contacting them again.

Struggs: just looked at this. Problem with this is that it asks for a receipt from everyone. I don't want this.

Maisie

Last edited:

oldfogy

Just passing through
Read Receipt
Do you realise the receipt is not sent automatically as soon as the person opens your email, as soon as they open the email they 'have to' select the option to either send or ignore the request before they can read the email.
A long time ago was inundated with emails always asking for a receipt which was quite annoying which is why i say 'inflict'
but from your comment I can understand why you might want to use the facility.

Maisie

Read Receipt
Yes - I do know this. But it has been my experience that most people acknowledge receipt if the option pops when they open the email.

I get the occasional request incoming, but not so many recently.

Maisie

Latest Posts

Top Bottom