enoch

Rats
6 months after initially posting a Resident who has been here a matter of days has just discovered one of these unwanted visitors in his Toilet. He is on the 3rd Floor of the Building. Complex Management, a few days ago, informed all residents that the inside of the Apartments, are the Residents responsibility. Un Be Fcukinlievable, but True.
I would say its a complex problem main drainage, if you get no joy go to the council. We had the rat man in because one of the neighbours boys said he had seen one, I knew it was a baby kitten and that was the outcome. Someone needs to take control that's why you pay your idat.

Kanga

Rats
Our place was locked up for 18 months with the pandemic, and although checked from time to time it was still raided by rats. They totally destroyed the floor pan of our dishwasher, had to buy a new one, and they ran about on shelves pushing containers on to the floor where they smashed open. There's no insurance against rats and other pests btw.
We've learned that they dislike mint so we now leave lots of fresh bunches from the market around the place and haven't been bothered since.
I've since read that they can tread water for 3 days so no point trying to drown them. A friend with a top floor flat saw one running across her bedroom floor and chased it into the kitchen where it was eventually cornered and killed. It had climbed 3 storeys up a drainpipe on to the balcony. They will also climb up plants on trellises. It's also a good idea to encourage a couple of cats to hang about but not feed them too often.

jimmyc

Rats
We did use a brick weight at first. The frightening thing was going too the toilet in the middle of the night 🙄 our imagination used too run away with what could happen, and definitely no hands free where I was concerned 😱
My mate from Newcastle who experienced a Rat coming up his Toilet a few days ago, has just informed us that he now "Squats", like Eddie The Eagle, prior to take off LOL

enoch

Rats
When we were kids were asked by the allotment gardeners to try and get rid of rats, in was a sand quarry, you get your eyes opened when you see how far they can travel underground. The best thing we found to rid them was petrol open a tunnel up and pore loads of petrol down then block it of with a taper for lighting. After about 15-20 minutes light it a run. The hole allotment exploded as the flames blow out at the tunnel ends all linked to get her some 500 mtrs away. They never came back pity you couldn't do that 🤣

Rats
6 months after initially posting a Resident who has been here a matter of days has just discovered one of these unwanted visitors in his Toilet. He is on the 3rd Floor of the Building. Complex Management, a few days ago, informed all residents that the inside of the Apartments, are the Residents responsibility. Un Be Fcukinlievable, but True.
I agree that it is the resident responsibility.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Rats
Our friends on a site in Tuzla returned for the summer to find the furniture and much else completely ruined by an attack of rat infestation . So sad , they were distraught and soon after sold up.
Steve

enoch

Rats
Struggling to understand how the underground sewers, are the Residents responsibility but we have been in touch with a Plumber.
You need a none return valve fitted it's been talked about on another post but you can get them here. But it has to go on the main line. Are you villa or apartment? If you have your own sewers it shouldn't be hard to fit it depends on how deep they are.

jimmyc

Rats

You need a none return valve fitted it's been talked about on another post but you can get them here. But it has to go on the main line. Are you villa or apartment? If you have your own sewers it shouldn't be hard to fit it depends on how deep they are.
We are in a Complex with 4 Blocks and a Pool. One of the residents who is over for 6 months, has contacted a Plumber to have a look at fitting NRVs. Complex management give the impression that this is a minor issue, which I find, Fcukin Scary LOL

enoch

Rats

We are in a Complex with 4 Blocks and a Pool. One of the residents who is over for 6 months, has contacted a Plumber to have a look at fitting NRVs. Complex management give the impression that this is a minor issue, which I find, Fcukin Scary LOL
This is all you need, everything is a big deal to turk if they are after your money

Screenshot_20220524_111743_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_compress43.jpg

mollag

Kipper restorer
Rats
Turkish soil pipe systems are poorly installed, few if any interception pits, rudimentary water blocks and no anti vaccuum facilities, water passes by your junction and empties your water traps by suction, with resulting whiffy wafts, no regulation on installation so poor quality, still very middle ages .:confused:

juco

Rats
If property vacant for a length of time, rather than a brick on the toilet seat put it at the bottom of the bowl, it should stop entry in to the property.

jimmyc

Rats
If property vacant for a length of time, rather than a brick on the toilet seat put it at the bottom of the bowl, it should stop entry in to the property.
As well as a weight on the lid I also now jam a plastic Bottle of Bleach in the Bowl.

enoch

Rats
As well as a weight on the lid I also now jam a plastic Bottle of Bleach in the Bowl.
I met some one who got a peace of aluminium scribe to the inside of the toilet with a weight on top just about the water line because he has seen rats go under the toilet seats they are only plastic.

jimmyc

Rats
Complex Management decided to get " Experts" in to look at fitting NRVs to the Drains Outlets. These have now been fitted on each side of the 4 buildings (8 in total) on the Complex. Happy Days, we hope.

Chasey

Rats
The management is responsible for the drainage system. The mains drains should be treated for rats on a regular basis. They put poison gas down the drains I believe.

The site we were on had a pest control contract and during that period we had no issues for 8+ years. Then they canceled it a few years ago and since then we have had major issues with mice and rats. So I think there's a direct link between general site pest control and rat infestation.

Top Bottom