jimmyc

Rats
Never had a problem in 13 years, but that no longer applies. Anybody else having issues, with infestation.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Rats
Just seems to be holiday homes being locked up. It's still down to bad management of the council and the complex. This is the second post in the last few days of about this

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Rats
Just seems to be holiday homes being locked up. It's still down to bad management of the council and the complex. This is the second post in the last few days of about this
Same poster, same problem on 2 different threads, maybe the pied piper could merge them

jimmyc

Rats
Same poster, same problem on 2 different threads, maybe the pied piper could merge them
I apologise. After initially posting I noticed it was on the Datca Forum. Since it is Altinkum we stay in I thought I would repost.

There have been Rat Infestation problems in our Complex and having spoke to other apartment owners in the UK while I was in Altinkum they were wondering if the Council, for example, have a department that assists in dealing, with what is a serious situation. When I went to ask that question at the Council Offices, they had just closed, for a 4 day holiday and I am now back in Scotland.

Last edited:

Kanga

Rats
Never had a problem before mains drainage was introduced, all this has done is give the rats a fabulous system of access to all buildings.

Rats
Believe me, it is not a fabulous sight to behold.
Altinkum and Akbuk have a problem with rats. Rats need water- make sure that your mains water is turned off when you leave your holiday home . Also take steps to make sure that they cannot come up through your toilets and shower.

jimmyc

Rats
Altinkum and Akbuk have a problem with rats. Rats need water- make sure that your mains water is turned off when you leave your holiday home . Also take steps to make sure that they cannot come up through your toilets and shower.
Thanks for your advice. We have taken the preventative measures you suggest and have also arranged for a Friend who lives there, to look in now and again.

Unfortunately I believe this is now a major problem and like other residents, was wondering at what point do the authorities get involved. Another thing I have thought of, there was damage done to our Washing Machine etc, is there an Insurance Policy available that covers this sort of thing, should it re-occur.

Last edited:
Rats
Thanks for your advice. We have taken the preventative measures you suggest and have also arranged for a Friend who lives there, to look in now and again.

Unfortunately I believe this is now a major problem and like other residents, was wondering at what point do the authorities get involved.
Are you on a complex/site or a standalone property? If on a site - what are your management doing about the problem?

jimmyc

Rats
Are you on a complex/site or a standalone property? If on a site - what are your management doing about the problem?
We are in a Complex of 4 Blocks and we are on the Ground Floor. Rats have been discovered in properties much higher up in other Blocks to ours. Unfortunately the Main Man, on the Management Committee was in Hospital in Istanbul following Surgery but I feel this will require the involvement, of a business, of Rentokill proportions, to solve.

PS; If such a business exists, that is!

Last edited:
Rats
We are in a Complex of 4 Blocks and we are on the Ground Floor. Rats have been discovered in properties much higher up in other Blocks to ours. Unfortunately the Main Man, on the Management Committee was in Hospital in Istanbul following Surgery but I feel this will require the involvement, of a business, of Rentokill proportions, to solve.
We also got a drain non return valve fitted which appears to have been effective.
Where your soil pipe leads to the inspection chamber is the main way rats will enter your property via the drainage system. By installing a non return valve on the sewer pipe into the inspection chamber, you will block rats coming up from the sewage system.
As your complex seems to have a problem then I would formally write to your management committee and have it raised as a site problem. After all it is a public health issue which needs to be addressed. Your management would be negligent to ignore the problem you raise.

durham rader

durham rader
Rats
We had this problem a few years back our toilet had dried out no water in the u bend . We left seat up when we left, and 1 rat had accessed our property through the drain second floor apartment.Was still in when we returned ,we didn't realise until about a hour after our arrival . Noticed dropping,s around skirting . Hunted it down and found it under bathroom sink chased it out ,it dived into the toilet bowl , but it was now full of water so it jumped back out. With the assistance of our neighbour's we eventually chased it out of apartment. Now we cling film the seat down before we leave .

durham rader

durham rader
Rats
We did use a brick weight at first. The frightening thing was going too the toilet in the middle of the night 🙄 our imagination used too run away with what could happen, and definitely no hands free where I was concerned 😱

Latest Posts

Top Bottom