kaplumba

Rats
Just a little tip off for all folk with holiday homes in Datca. If you are now connected to the new sewage system you need to take rat precautions before you leave your home empty!!
Thankfully I haven't been aware of the problem but some of my neighbours have. The rodents are using the new system as a way into your home!! They come up through the pipes. My site manager instructed us in disconnecting the washing machine, dishwasher etc and blocking the pipe with glass bottles and tape. Just to be on the safe side we left large rocks on the loos as of course rats are good swimmers. Apparently they won't come in when you are in residence only when the house is empty and then they will eat anything including any packets of food you have left, soap, newspaper etc.

matty

Rats
Earlyier this year i heard strange noises coming from our loft area, my husband said it was the birds nesting. I asked him to go and have a look in the loft, he found that we had got rats ,they had chewed the wheels of the cases that we have up there. they had also chewed through the water pipe from the solar tank!!At first my husband was catching them and releasing them But unfortuantely we had to start putting poison down in the loft area because they just seemed to be returning.
Glad to say we are now Rat free.

Sniffy

Debs
Rats
Ohmygod. See I was sooo lookin forward to goin out on Sat. Now I am erm. terrified! Blinkin heck kap.
And to think I handed good money to get connected to the ratnetwork

D-Mented x

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Rats
Well!,l do feel sorry for the RAT,when he swims around the bend only to be confronted by a person with a bad case of vindilo stomach cramps.
a crap a day will keep the rats away

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Rats
There's a rat in mi kitchen what am I gonna do?
There's a rat in mi kitchen what am I gonna go?
I'm gonna fix that rat thats what I'm gonna do,
I'm gonna fix that rat.

Courtesy of UB40

Rats
bobthenob said:
Well!,l do feel sorry for the RAT,when he swims around the bend only to be confronted by a person with a bad case of vindilo stomach cramps.
a crap a day will keep the rats away

:painkille Absolutely b****y brilliant :77wu:

kaplumba

Rats
Sorry D Mented - I didn't mean to spook you!! Just make a lot of noise as you go in as I'm told they only like quiet, empty houses. LOL. Our site manager wanted to give me some 'poisoned cake' to put down but I don't fancy going in to a load of dead bodies and hope that our precautions will keep them out. Those little kittens in the garden are suddenly looking even more adorable. I shall be flushing all the loos before I take the rocks off the lids! Enjoy your holiday Sniffy.

jimmyc

Rats
We are just back and our apartment is on the ground floor of the Block in a Complex with 4 Blocks. When we opened the downstairs toilet door it was a horrific site as Rats had got in presumably via the Toilet. Luckily the Toilet Door was closed so the damage was contained within which included damaging the Washing Machine which we managed to get repaired. No exaggerating the droppings were an inch deep and they had even attempted to gnaw their way through the door. The problem we see is that 95% of the other apartments are empty until next year and these might also be infested. We sourced Heavy Marble Blocks which now cover every drain and Toilet Lids and if this does not prevent a reoccurrrence, itsTurkey no more for us.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Rats
We are just back and our apartment is on the ground floor of the Block in a Complex with 4 Blocks. When we opened the downstairs toilet door it was a horrific site as Rats had got in presumably via the Toilet. Luckily the Toilet Door was closed so the damage was contained within which included damaging the Washing Machine which we managed to get repaired. No exaggerating the droppings were an inch deep and they had even attempted to gnaw their way through the door. The problem we see is that 95% of the other apartments are empty until next year and these might also be infested. We sourced Heavy Marble Blocks which now cover every drain and Toilet Lids and if this does not prevent a reoccurrrence, itsTurkey no more for us.
Sorry to hear about the bad news,

? The belediye haven't been doing their job right we get the manholes and drains sprayed about once a month.
Sorry about the first reply no glasses on.

Last edited:

Chasey

Rats
Its been a big problem on our site. with properties having been left empty for up to two years. Extensive damages has occurred especially in one case where the rats ate through a water pipe.

We were lucky we just found our villa had been broken into but couldn't find out what was taken if anything, and we were overrun with far less damaging mice. A week after arriving I was still finding dead mice in odd places. Wed put a ton of poison down before we left last October. Also our freezer had tripped out and every thing including about 10Kg of meet was rotten and liquid :( The fridge was so bad we had to buy a new one.

We clingfilm toilets, but now I think I'll add a heavyweight on top of the lid as well.

We also turn off all the taps and toilets at the hot-cold feed pipes and close all the doors to isolate a problem to the bathrooms if they get in, but if they get into the living room kitchen diner, we will be screwed.

Our glorious management team decided to cancel our pest control contract several years ago. We never had any reports of a rat problem before it was canceled and we defiantly never had a mice problem.

Hilsjw

Rats
We had an infestation of rats a couple of years ago. Many ground floor apartments had rat visitors. Luckily our bathroom door was closed so the damage was manageable. Others were not so lucky and the smell was very bad indeed. Our management put in sluice gates to block the outgoing waste. i.e only waste could go out but not come in. It did the trick.

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Rats
As previous post, if you are connected to mains sewage you must have the ‘valve’ system installed to prevent rats entering but waste to flow out.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom