lynne

Ramazan...started with a bang !
Ramazan stared with a bang here in Gundogan
The two canons shot into the air to announce the first day of Ramazan......one over the big bay and one over the little bay (Kucukbuk.........)
And set two fields on fire !
The village fire engine didnt know which way to go first !!!
No casualties luckily

Last edited:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Ramazan stared with a bang here in Gundogan
The two canons shot into the air to announce the first day of Ramazan......one over the big bay abd one over the little bay (Kucukbuk.........
And set two fields on fire !
The village fire engine didnt know wahich way to do first !!!
No casualties luckily

ROFLMSAO

Biker Bob

ted j

Now you couldn't make that up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Benny hill?) or what. ROFAPMSL! Ted.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Well here in Yalikavak it started with a damp squid !!
We had alot of small kids in the restaurant and I went to all the tables warning them that at 8.05 there would be a very loud bang so please don"t be scared - they waited in anticipation and when it came it was just a very quiet noise which we hardly noticed
Talk about feeling stupid !!
Last nights was a bit louder though !

SAMIMI

EX MEMBER
The drums start here at around 03.30 Is that the correct time? I thought it should be just before sunrise or is it to give people time to eat breakfast first?

dalyansteve

In Dalyan over the last 2 Ramadan's we have had muted bangs, I presume this is so as not to disturb the tourists!!! We also no longer have the drums in the morning to wake people up for breakfast, noisy young people going home from a disco seem to have the same effect!!

JML

Well here in Yalikavak it started with a damp squid !!
We had alot of small kids in the restaurant and I went to all the tables warning them that at 8.05 there would be a very loud bang so please don"t be scared - they waited in anticipation and when it came it was just a very quiet noise which we hardly noticed
Talk about feeling stupid !!
Last nights was a bit louder though !

Yes we can see from our balcony and 1st night it was a firework lol, since has been the usual maroon much louder.

lynne

Just spoke with the bin men ( I know the best people !) really nice guys.
Seems they rushed out and put out the smallest fire in Gundogan and left the bigger fire in Kucukbuk to the firemen.
Thats what you call team work !

overmars

Ramazan starts next week! I've never been to Gundogan during Ramazan. What's it like? Do restaurants still serve food at lunchtime - is the town half empty?

kemerkid

________
The 8th to 10th August is Seker Bayram which follow thirty days of fasting. The fast starts either at sunset 8th July or sunrise 9th. Most Turks I speak to seem unclear about this, which indicates just how devout the majority seem to be.

TCJ

Since you are allowed to eat after sunset, does it make any difference?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom