lynne

Ramazan 2009
Ramadam in the heat.......... many of our Turkish clients & Turkish renters are cutting short their holidays and returning home early.
Had 3 rentals this week say they are leaving around the 17th of August whereas they usually leave beginning of September.
So income from rentals will be down for some people........

pebble

Ramazan 2009
Ramazan in summer is always hard. God give them patience and determination (or should that be devotion)
Yea, as a foreigner i always abtained from eating out during this time. tempers flair a they cant smoke. so no antagonizing them.....driving is worse than ever........
be kind to the cleaning lady.........
good luck everyone,

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Ramazan 2009
yeh am nervous this year! working as a chef, and the long hours it will be this year will be quite bad!, no drinking is the worst part, without water in a kitchen can be murder! lol, hope i dont faint, but ill give it a good shot this year anyway...

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Ramazan 2009
Look on the bright side Z, if you get the chance to step outside for a few minutes, it'll probably be cooler than in the kitchen. That's unlikely to be the case over here.

zuberdust

Ramazan 2009
Look on the bright side Z, if you get the chance to step outside for a few minutes, it'll probably be cooler than in the kitchen. That's unlikely to be the case over here.

yeh true! but still, i know people die in Pakistan cos it gets so hot which i think is kinda bad, you shouldnt compromise your health, only if your very fit should you be keeping the big long rozay..

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Ramazan 2009
We have a big problem during this time as people don't take their medications on time, some meds it's vital that they be taken when they are supposed to.

Biker Bob

zuberdust

Ramazan 2009
We have a big problem during this time as people don't take their medications on time, some meds it's vital that they be taken when they are supposed to.

Biker Bob

u can take medicine, inhalers, pills or whatver as god does not want us to die, depends on you follow, we r very strict but if its something you need to survive then u shud take it, god is not evil and cruel..

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Ramazan 2009
In my ignorance i am not aware wherefrom comes the instruction to fast. I appreciate the devotion / symbolism of doing so, to those of religious persuasion, is the command clearly stated ?

Thanks, Steve.

zuberdust

Ramazan 2009
KKOB is off line so I will answer for him - no he's not muslim.

thanks Gail... yeh he seems to know a bit about it so was curious.... there so much i dont know about this KKOB! hehehehe a mystery!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Ramazan 2009
Zuberdust, I'm not at all religious, but I have an interest and some understanding of many things. For instance I have read the Holy Koran,,,,, in English of course.

there's so much I don't know about this KKOB!

Some things are best kept secret! :wink:

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Ramazan 2009
I was talking to some of the bar owners earlier this year and they were telling me they expect next year to be even worse, as the world cup will keep people away earlier in the year and then ramazan starts 20 days earlier,
Is that right ?

martin

zuberdust

Ramazan 2009
Zuberdust, I'm not at all religious, but I have an interest and some understanding of many things. For instance I have read the Holy Koran,,,,, in English of course.

Some things are best kept secret! :wink:

i absolutely agree! haahah

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Ramazan 2009
I am coming to Turkey at the end of Ramazan and I thought that I should bring sweets for the children or little toys.

Would it be appropriate for me to bring for my caretaker and his wife as well. I was bringing him a bottle of whiskey anyway, as a thankyou, but just need some pointers as to what I should give for Ramazan.

thanks eve

Latest Posts

Top Bottom