Ramadan 22.08 - 20.09 Banking?
does anyone know when the banks close in this time frame. Think it closes for 1week approx. Can't seem to find info on net, wondering if anyone here knows pls? Thanks

Sarahlou

As far as I am aware if Ramadam finishes on 20th September then the banks and government offices will be closed for 3 days 21st, 22nd 23rd Sept. Last year at one stage they did actually close for the full week but i can't remember which one it was.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Yes, they'll close for the Seker Bayram holiday.

As far as I am aware if Ramadam finishes on 20th September then the banks and government offices will be closed for 3 days 21st, 22nd 23rd Sept. Last year at one stage they did actually close for the full week but i can't remember which one it was.

That's what I thought, but maybe before last days of ramadan, I thought the sweet festival thing was within the last few days not after. I know they closed for a week last year and was wondering if it was going to be the same this years. How annoying, how do people cope, it's bad enough in UK banks closing over Xmas....

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Seker Bayrami is roughly the equivalent of Easter or Xmas as far as the closing of banks and government offices are concerned. It's no big deal if you're prepared for it.

This year Seker Bayrami falls on 20-21-22 September. Many banks and offices are likely to close early on the 19th and take a half-day holiday

Other holidays coming up soon are :

28-29 October (28th is a half-day) Republic Day.

27-30 November Kurban Bayrami / Feast of the Sacrifice

Last edited:

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
........How annoying, how do people cope, it's bad enough in UK banks closing over Xmas....
If we want cash, we use our debit card in the ATM machnes, like we do at any time of the year.... :blink:

Seker Bayrami is roughly the equivalent of Easter or Xmas as far as the closing of banks and government offices are concerned. It's no big deal if you're prepared for it.

This year Seker Bayrami falls on 20-21-22 September. Many banks and offices are likely to close early on the 19th and take a half-day holiday

Other holidays coming up soon are :

28-29 October (28th is a half-day) Republic Day.

27-30 November Kurban Bayrami / Feast of the Sacrifice

thanks very much, great information

Latest Posts

Top Bottom