Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Rainwater everywhere on Earth unsafe to drink due

Rainwater everywhere on Earth unsafe to drink due to ‘forever chemicals’, study finds​

Extract:
Rainwater almost everywhere on Earth has unsafe levels of ‘forever chemicals’, according to new research.

Per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) are a large family of human-made chemicals that don’t occur in nature. They are known as ‘forever chemicals’ because they don’t break down in the environment.

They have non-stick or stain repellent properties so can be found in household items like food packaging, electronics, cosmetics and cookware.

But now researchers at the University of Stockholm have found them in rainwater in most locations on the planet - including Antarctica. There is no safe space to escape them.

Maisie

Scary. Many info adverts on TV about fresh water not being available in many parts of the third world countries. This report will only add to the troubles of these people.

Does anyone here actually drink rainwater? I have heard of using this for hair washing etc. but personally, I would not consider drinking it - even if it has been boiled beforehand.

Maisie

shash

shash
Scary. Many info adverts on TV about fresh water not being available in many parts of the third world countries. This report will only add to the troubles of these people.

Does anyone here actually drink rainwater? I have heard of using this for hair washing etc. but personally, I would not consider drinking it - even if it has been boiled beforehand.

Maisie
Funny you mention the TV adverts re: unavailable water supply. They (the charities) have been getting money for many decades to make water supplies for people in Africa who don't have any. I've seen these adverts since I was very young and I was only talking about this last week and were saying that we know Africa is a big big country but why after all these many decades has a water supply not been managed for everyone by now.?⁉️
I suspect that the money has been siphoned off elsewhere as usual.

Kanga

This implies that the clouds are full of chemicals which is patently untrue. Clouds aren't permanent. They form by evaporation, which purifies water.
Another scare story. again, there's more doom and gloom which needs to be challenged.
We all drink rainwater in one form or another. sometimes it's been in the ground for millions of years and sometimes it runs off the land into reservoirs, collecting all sorts of rubbish on the way.

Chasey

Rainwater everywhere on Earth unsafe to drink due to ‘forever chemicals’, study finds​

Extract:
Rainwater almost everywhere on Earth has unsafe levels of ‘forever chemicals’, according to new research.

Per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) are a large family of human-made chemicals that don’t occur in nature. They are known as ‘forever chemicals’ because they don’t break down in the environment.

They have non-stick or stain repellent properties so can be found in household items like food packaging, electronics, cosmetics and cookware.

But now researchers at the University of Stockholm have found them in rainwater in most locations on the planet - including Antarctica. There is no safe space to escape them.

Scary stuff but when in Scotland I drink from the burns all the time

Somone said I was mad until a local pointed out ALL the drinking water in West Inverness area came straight from the Burnes unfiltered.

I also tried and failed to buy a property in Wellington Street Maidstone Kent which had no water supply. All water was pumped from a well up to the roof tank and fed waste systems and drinking water. I had it tested prior to purchase and it passed with flying colors. The man suggested I could bottle it and sell it.

Now I understand such a small sample is irrelevant but I am getting a little tired of all the scare-mongering to a point when I read stuff like this and rather than think, wow that's something we need to address urgently, I think well that's most likely bollocks :(

Sinical?

No just old and can remember that last we are all going to die warnings from the 80s and 90s

Oil will run out by 2020 leading to a collapse of society and anarchy, remember that one?

The Maldives will be underwater by 2005

We will all die of AIDS if we continue to have casual sex

Covid shut the world down as there will be piles of dead bodys in the street being cleared by bulldozers if you don't wear a mask

Sorry just very very sinical now :(

Latest Posts

Top Bottom