R. I. P. - J.J. Williams.
BB1avxdu.jpg

The great Wales and British and Irish Lions wing JJ Williams has died, at the age of 72.

One of his former clubs, Bridgend, confirmed the news on Thursday morning.

They tweeted: "All at Bridgend Ravens are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of former player JJ Williams.

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Yes, sadly, the former Wales and British & Irish Lions wing -JJ Williams - has died at the age of 72. Williams, who was christened John James but known throughout the world of rugby by his initials, was one of the finest finishers in the game's history. He made 223 appearances for the Scarlets over 9 seasons, playing on the right wing in the side that recorded the famous 9-3 victory over New Zealand at Stradey Park on October 31, 1972. After hanging up his boots, he became a regular pundit on TV and radio, while he ran a commercial and industrial painting company based in Pyle. All 3 of his children have represented Wales at track and field events, with his son Rhys winning European Championship gold in the 400 metres hurdles in Helsinki in 2012. J J Williams's most famous feat - 4 tries in the same 4-match Lions' Test series - ensures he will be talked about as long as rugby is played. x Angela x

shash

shash
Did anyone notice that the Welsh rock legend Spencer Davis died on the 19th Oct. He was in the USA and hospitalized being treated for pneumonia.
Loved his bands and music.
81 years of age.

429nufc

Did anyone notice that the Welsh rock legend Spencer Davis died on the 19th Oct. He was in the USA and hospitalized being treated for pneumonia.
Loved his bands and music.
81 years of age.

I last saw him playing as a guest with The Animals (Well the one that was left)
at York

When I checked it was 2008! No idea it was so long ago, but at least I'm still here

Latest Posts

Top Bottom