Spike

R.I.P Bill Withers
İndeed, great unusual singer and songs.

For some reason İ have a very vivid memory of driving across the desert from Abu Dhabi to Al Ain at end of 1977 and listening to Bill Withers on the tape deck singing "Lovely day", with the long note at the end of that phrase going on forever..............

Every time İ hear the song (very rarely nowadays) takes me straight back to that trip. No idea why.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
R.I.P Bill Withers

For some reason İ have a very vivid memory of driving across the desert from Abu Dhabi to Al Ain at end of 1977 and listening to Bill Withers on the tape deck singing "Lovely day", with the long note at the end of that phrase going on forever..............

Every time İ hear the song (very rarely nowadays) takes me straight back to that trip. No idea why.

I too have done that trip. I'll bet the road has changed a bit now Spike.

evo80

R.I.P Bill Withers

They say it went on for 18 secs.

Spike

R.I.P Bill Withers
I too have done that trip. I'll bet the road has changed a bit now Spike.

Yes indeed. Off topıc, but visited Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix year before last, Al Ain hıghway is 3 lanes each way, Hıghway to Yas İsland (!) is fıve lanes each way.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom