Status
Not open for further replies.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Quotes Being Edited
During the last couple weeks you'll have noticed that many posts containing quotes have been edited or deleted by Moderators. I've had a number of PMs recently asking why I've edited a member's post and so far I've replied to the individuals concerned.

Mushtaq made an announcement on the forum about this matter but it appears that you didn't see it, so I've copied it below for you.

On this forum we have some good discussions on a variety of topics and the knowledge and opinions on here are astounding. This results in very long and often interesting posts.

The "Quote" facility on the forum is a necessity to avoid ambiguity but isn't always used to best effect. Long posts are often quoted and re-quoted in replies when in actual fact there is only a very small part you are referring to in the post. This results in threads going on and on for pages when with good practice they could be considerably shorter. I'm asking that the use of the quoting system be used more in line with the way in which it should be used and that moderators will be editing posts to fit in with this remit from time to time without explanation.

If you're replying to a post please don't quote the entire post in your reply. It wastes bandwidth and consequently, money. Furthermore, it just serves to increase the workload for Moderators.

Mushtaq.

Last edited:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Quotes Being Edited
I know many of you find it easier to hit the "Quote" button than the "Post Reply" one, but you're wasting a huge amount of bandwidth by doing so.

So, if you're replying to a post please don't quote the entire post in your reply. It wastes bandwidth and consequently, money. Furthermore, it just serves to increase the workload for us Moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom