AuroraMerritt

Quick facts about Daylan
Dalyan is a city situated on the southwest coast of Turkey between the popular Marmaris and Fethiye Districts in Mugla Province. In the administrative district of Ortaca the town is an autonomous municipality.

In 1987, Dalyan earned international fame for trying to develop a luxurious hotel at the close vicinity of the Strand, which acted as the breeding ground for the endangered loggerhead sea tortoises. This happened when David Bellamy was the lead in the cause of conservationists such as June Haimoff, Peter Günther, Nergis Yazgan and Lily Venizelos. Since Prince Philip had called for a moratorium, the construction scheme stopped temporarily and a protected area was proclaimed in 1988, namely the beach and its hinterland. The Special Environmental Conservation Area of Köyceğiz-Dalyan.

The Dalyan Çayı River, which flows past the city, is an existence in Dalyan. Boats which navigate the labyrinth of sharks up and down the river

McB

Quick facts about Daylan
The Dalyan Çayı River, which flows past the city, is an existence in Dalyan. Boats which navigate the labyrinth of sharks up and down the river

'Quick Facts' = TLF's own insightful version of Wikipedia...?
A noble and laudable effort,
A great idea for all of us to particpate with contributions, too...
And just as entertaining...
Dare I repost this one on the FAKE NEWS thread...?

Last edited:

McB

Quick facts about Daylan
The only sharks i have seen in turkey have 2 legs.

Yes, certainly applies to every property buyers experience of 'navigating the labyrinth' full of them...

This is Dalyan City Centre in rush hour about 29/30 years ago I think.

View attachment 20107

Martin

Probably looked the same today....

Love the translated text, Dalyan a "city" I don't think so, more a large village. In 20 years of living in Dalyan I've never seen a "shark" in the river.

Agreed...but then again... please note...
The title of this thread is not about 'Dalyan' but about 'Daylan'...

And so perhaps there is some question whether this place 'Day-lan'
isn't some other place, that may be twinned, for example, with some place named 'Gun-twerp, perhaps in Belgium... :kafa:

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Quick facts about Daylan
Typically looks the same even now...

Agreed...but then again... please note...
The title of this thread is not about 'Dalyan' but about 'Daylan'...

And so perhaps there is some question whether this place 'Day-lan'
isn't some other place, that may be twinned, for example, with some place named 'Gun-twerp, perhaps in Belgium... :kafa:

Is it any wonder that people are reluctant to post on here? It is generally regarded as polite not to ridicule people's spelling or typos. Give it a chance.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom