cally

Questions on transfer and picking up tapu (at last!)
After what seems like an eternity, our military clearance went through and now our developer wants to sort out the tapu. I have a couple of questions as we want to make sure we have all the information and advice from all you experienced purchasers out there!
How long does the process of transferring tapu actually take? Is it instantaneous or another 12 month wait while documents are changed? Is it just a case of the developer going to the tapu office alone or does he go with us?
The developer wants to do the tapu transfer as he needs his final payment and our solicitor has advised we do this before June 15th as the discount tax rate of 1% goes back up to 3% after this date. We may not be able to go out to Turkey before this time so we could give the solicitor POA to do this on our behalf. My question is how do we do this and is it worth doing?
Also, is there anything else we should be aware of?
Many thanks in advance.

alison09400

Transferring a Tapu will only take one day...and both you and the Developer have to go.
Regarding giving your solicitor POA, it might be difficult to do from the UK. You'd be better trying to come over for a long weekend and getting it sorted.

carolk

R.I.P
Cally, it is instantaneous as in, you both sign and its done. If you want you can give POA thats up to you if you want the deadline for the discount. What to look out for are, correct price is on Tapu and Kat Mulk box is ticked or you will be in the same boat as everyone on those threads which I am sure you have/are reading. Hope this helps.

cally

Thanks for that. How do I go about POA as it will probably cost me in excess of £1000 to get flights over? What are the costs involved and what is the process afterwards if we do give our solicitor POA?

PASH

Hi Cally, I have just done a POA from the Uk, your lawyer sends a POA in English to you, you get photos, fill in the appropriate sections, then get it notarised here by your solicitors, then sent to The Foreign Office for them to rbber stamp it. This is then sent to your Turkish lawyer who has to have it translated back into Turkish and notarised again - Job Done! The whole process cost me as a couple (Joint Names)£110 in the UK (including international datapost to Turkey £44.00) and £180 in Turkey for the translation and notary - Sorry if that sounds complicated! Cheers

cally

Thanks, some food for thought there! As an afterthought, why does it take some people so long to get their tapus if it's just a case of the developer popping along to the tapu office? Is it simply the military clearance that holds things up?
I presume as we want our property in both names that we would both have to attend to sign.

alison09400

Thanks, some food for thought there! As an afterthought, why does it take some people so long to get their tapus if it's just a case of the developer popping along to the tapu office? Is it simply the military clearance that holds things up?
I presume as we want our property in both names that we would both have to attend to sign.

Yes both of you will have to be there to sign...and yes it's the Military Clearance itself which takes so long in coming back.

Where do you live Cally? Over £1000 is a lot for return flights for two people at the start of June.

cally

It would have to be in half term and we'd end up with a visit from social services if we left our two little ones at home!

PASH

The POA in joint names means that the lawyer signs on both your behalves hence avoiding the need for you both to attend. Military normally takes 3 months approx but as with all things in Turkey, they never go according to plan!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom