tjd

Questions about Gulluk
We have a place near Lake Tuzla and have to confess that until September past we hadn't gone into Gulluk. We were really impressed, it's a lovely wee town, nice sea front with a cafe run by the council, lovely walk along the front, found a great restaurant for dinner, the Kircin, and very helpful shopowners in the town center.

I have a few questions?

Can anyone tell me what time the Migros closes at? We were thinking of calling on our way from the airport next Saturday instead of driving into Bodrum on Sunday morning.

Is there a public Hamman in town? What price and what do you get for your money?

Are there other restaurants I should visit? If so, where are they?

That's all for now,
Thanks!

biffo

Questions about Gulluk
Migros closes at 9.00pm, I believe, or it does in the summer season. There is a public Hammam in town, not sure of the cost.

There are several restaurants in town, Sur Le Mer, Fuegos to name but two.

Kevin

delightful

aka Ishik, World Abodes
Questions about Gulluk
Hi tjd
If you haven't discovered it yet, the market in Guvercinlik on Monday is also fab! Fresh fruit and veg, nice cafes to rest and even a stall selling plants for your garden if you have one! A great view of the blue of the sea and the green pine clad mountains a feast for your eyes ....

Roydsio

Questions about Gulluk
Hi TJD

I have tried both restaurants that Biffo mentions and they are both very good. The other one to try is the Angels Port. It opened on Friday and also the Anchor above Joes on the front is nice too.

Regards

Sharon

tjd

Questions about Gulluk
Hi tjd
If you haven't discovered it yet, the market in Guvercinlik on Monday is also fab! Fresh fruit and veg, nice cafes to rest and even a stall selling plants for your garden if you have one! A great view of the blue of the sea and the green pine clad mountains a feast for your eyes ....

Thanks - been to Guvercinlik many many times over the last 4 years. The view is the best and the market is really good. Is it on a Monday or Tuesday?

Also if you haven't been over to Mumcular for the Sunday market it's worth a visit. There is also a shop in Mumcular where you can get loads of stuff for the garden, seed, fertiliser etc.

Mushroom

Questions about Gulluk
I aren't in the business of 'bigging Gulluk up' because it is a town of traditional qualities. There are bars, restaurants and local shops, but thankfully they do not have a McDonalds, John Smiths bitter. Irish bars or the like.
The choice of where to eat or drink will always remain subjective but at least try them and make your own opinion. I have yet to be disappointed.

This place is to a lot of us a little gem and if we are to be honest, we don't say too much as we like it as it is.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Questions about Gulluk
Dead link Sir.

Us the link Kafedakibodrum.com . on that page.

Steve.

Last edited:
Questions about Gulluk
Hi TJD

Definitely agree with Mushroom, as regards Gulluk.

I remember as an Apprentice Electrical Fitter, being told, "If it ain't broke, don't touch it."

This can be applied to Gulluk, it is perfect for us, so leave Gulluk as it is. Where else can you sit outside a bar like Joes, and only 10 feet away, watch the road being dug-up at eleven o'clock at night

Visit as much as you can, you will be welcomed by everybody. Also definitely try Hermias Hotel for a meal, good food at reasonable costs, all cooked fresh, none of your reheated stuff.

Cheers

Sandy

tjd

Questions about Gulluk
One must go to kafedaki restaurant,its like a michelin star resatuarnt in the gumbet hills,from bodrum turn right at mcddonalds and follow the signs
www.kafedakibodrum.com..........,ex...re right, views are stunning from this place.

gren

Questions about Gulluk
Guvercinlik many many times over the last 4 years. ....the market is really good. Is it on a Monday or Tuesday?
Also if you haven't been over to Mumcular for the Sunday market it's worth a visit. There is also a shop in Mumcular where you can get loads of stuff for the garden, seed, fertiliser etc.

Güvercinlik's pazar on Monday but shhhh about Mums jeweler..
Güvercinlik is also getting overpriced now cos of people like Mushroom ruining it..:lol:

tjd

Questions about Gulluk
I aren't in the business of 'bigging Gulluk up' because it is a town of traditional qualities. There are bars, restaurants and local shops, but thankfully they do not have a McDonalds, John Smiths bitter. Irish bars or the like.
The choice of where to eat or drink will always remain subjective but at least try them and make your own opinion. I have yet to be disappointed.

This place is to a lot of us a little gem and if we are to be honest, we don't say too much as we like it as it is.

Mushroom, nobody's asking you to 'Big it up'. Why the heck do you think I would be interested in McDonalds, John Smiths (hardly a world class beer) or Irish Bars? Perhaps you'd let me know?

McDonalds as a business opportunity in Gulluk, must make a note in my diary to revisit in 3 years and see if the town is ready for one.

The town is a little gem except for the western end where all those new multi story apartment blocks are situated, they are such an eyesore!

Thank you for your cold and frosty reception to a simple request for some information. Hardly what this forum is designed for!

tjd

Questions about Gulluk
Hi TJD

Definitely agree with Mushroom, as regards Gulluk.

I remember as an Apprentice Electrical Fitter, being told, "If it ain't broke, don't touch it."

This can be applied to Gulluk, it is perfect for us, so leave Gulluk as it is. Where else can you sit outside a bar like Joes, and only 10 feet away, watch the road being dug-up at eleven o'clock at night

Visit as much as you can, you will be welcomed by everybody. Also definitely try Hermias Hotel for a meal, good food at reasonable costs, all cooked fresh, none of your reheated stuff.

Cheers

Sandy

Hey Sandy,

I honestly don't want to change Gulluk either!

Thats for the restaurant recommendation, I'll have a look out for it.

Is Joe's good? What makes it enjoyable? The view across the bay and the boats is certainly very good.

Cheers!

Last edited:

gren

Questions about Gulluk
Gülluk reminds me a bit of a small seaside town on the Cornish coast back in the fifties! I have my worries about overdevelopment as I heard 'they' wanted to develop Tuzla into a new Bodrum-like area with a bridge across Mandalya Bay to link with Gülluk.

Talkinman

Questions about Gulluk
tjd, For someone who asked for information you sure seem like you dont want it.
You only seem to want to have a go at anyone that tries to help you, I know both Mushroom and Sandy and nicer people you couldnt want to meet, I suggest if you dont like the answers dont ask the questions.
I will now no doubt attract your scorn! I will not offer you any information on Gulluk because you may well interpret it the wrong way and throw it back at me.
Kind regards:smile:

gren

Questions about Gulluk
Well I know TJD and he certainly does not "only seem to want to have a go at anyone that tries to help him"

He was simply asking some questions about Gulluk and Mushroom's uninformative response was to mention 'bigging it up' which TJD had not referred to.
Sandyhelen's seemingly accusing post just echoed Mushroom's comments without answering the original question either.

At the end of the day, its all a load of Gulluks..

Questions about Gulluk
Hi TJD,

If you reread my previous post you may see that I was agreeing with your comments about Gulluk. The roadworks comment was intended to show the quaintness of Gulluk not to run it down.

As for the restuarants, I never implied that other places in Gulluk reheat their food, it was meant that Hermias cook fresh for all meals, although you may wait a little longer than in other places

If I have misled you, I can only apologise. and yes there is a Hamman, behind the square, cost in September/October was 50 Lire, for full works. Never visited it yet so I do not what they meant by full works.

The road from Gulluk to Bodrum, via Tuzla, is still in planning a may not commence for at least two years.

Cheers

Sandy

Questions about Gulluk
Hi Gren

I fail fail to see what is "accusing" within my reply, I only echoed Mushrooms post because I agreed with his view of the simplicity of Gulluk.

Tjd asked about places to eat, and I mentioned Hermias.

I feel my post was more relevant that ones about Guvercinlik.

If I have offended anyone, this was not my intention

Cheers

Sandy

tjd

Questions about Gulluk
Hi TJD,

If you reread my previous post you may see that I was agreeing with your comments about Gulluk. The roadworks comment was intended to show the quaintness of Gulluk not to run it down.

As for the restuarants, I never implied that other places in Gulluk reheat their food, it was meant that Hermias cook fresh for all meals, although you may wait a little longer than in other places

If I have misled you, I can only apologise. and yes there is a Hamman, behind the square, cost in September/October was 50 Lire, for full works. Never visited it yet so I do not what they meant by full works.

The road from Gulluk to Bodrum, via Tuzla, is still in planning a may not commence for at least two years.

Cheers

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for this post - apology accepted, no worries. Thanks for the info on the hamman.

I'll be in the town a couple of times next week so let me offer a drink at Joes bar some evening. I'll be with my wife.

I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more of the town.

Kendine iyi bak,
TJD

Latest Posts

Top Bottom