Dave.B

Couch Potato
Question: Is there a dressmaker in Akbuk
Is there a dressmaker in Akbuk?

Is there a dressmaker in or close to Akbuk that you can recommend?

Last year in Dalyan, we found a dressmaker who made a linen dress from a copy my wife supplied. As we going to Akbuk this September my wife would like to have some more cloths made while we are there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akbuk Rob

Hi Dave B.

As no one else has replied to your question I will speak to you; we have not come across any dressmaker in Akbuk and we have seen most places, but all the same I would ask around when you get there, it is quite possible someone might operate such a business from their own home. If not you will certainly find those services in Didim.

We have a villa in Akbuk & will be there last 2 weeks in September, when are you there?

Rob & Marie.

gezmek

Regular guy
Mr

Dave.B said:
Is there a dressmaker in or close to Akbuk that you can recommend?

Last year in Dalyan, we found a dressmaker who made a linen dress from a copy my wife supplied. As we going to Akbuk this September my wife would like to have some more cloths made while we are there.

I have the same thought as Akbuk Rob. Akbuk is the sort of place that if you put a feeler out to a friendly Turk or two you will probably have a few leads pretty quickly.

Dave.B

Couch Potato
Thanks to both of you for the responce.
Akbuck Rob, we will be there from the 5th to 12th

Regards
Dave.b

barby

Hi rob, it's barbara from d1 summer breeze, we are due over 2nd september so will see you and marie then. What do you think of the bar up to now and is it doing much business?

carolk

R.I.P
Im not so sure about finding those services in Didim - yes they exist but, I have seen many a piece of material ruined by people who say they can do it!!! I and a friend have been to two so far, and have found that, only taking up the lenght of trousers or jeans to be satisfactory. I would be pleased to hear about one that can do as you ask - you take a garment in and they copy it correctly and it fits!!!

CathnPete

Hi Dave,

There is a dressmakers shop next to the Ada furniture shop on Ataturk Blvd. in Altinkum. Heading up the Blvd. towards the Apollo Temple on the left hand side of the road. You can't miss it as it has 3 models in the window wearing their creations (or at least there were when we were there in June). They made a lovely dress from a pattern supplied by a friend of ours on Sunflower for her to wear to her daughter's wedding. Even made a wee bag and a lovely wrap. Also made a pretty wee dress for a friend's wee girl. Not expensive either.

Hope this helps.

Cathi xx

Sarahlou

Hi, I have used this dressmaker, I think it is "Desde Moda", your are right there are 3 models in the window usually in Brides and bridesmaid dresses. If I remember correctly it is between Carrefour and Migros and it is on the same side of the road. Last Easter they made a linen dress for me and copied it from one which I had taken with me, they supplied the material. In May last year I took a photograph of an outfit I wanted made for my daughter's wedding. I bought the material in Dublin and brought it with me. I was very pleased with the results.
Tavey

Latest Posts

Top Bottom