Saoirse

Putin interview
Having watched the brilliant Oliver Stone epic interview with Putin I find how he deals with questions and reacts to examination fascinating

I am not despite what some think a fan.

I do admittedly find him fascinating in a uneasy kind of way

Latest interview with him yesterday - his first with a US news outlet in 3 years whilst not as indepth as others I have watched was again interesting

Obama's description of him is probably how I too find him ...." one scary dude!"

I suppose I find him a bit scary because he doesn't rant rave or go nutty like Trump or Kim indeed it's his cool collected almost icy impeccable responses which I find unnerving

With probably an intellect surpassing any other national leader I can think of together with a steely almost automaton sense of national determination he is somewhat unique

Last edited:

Mushroom

Putin interview
Certainly unique, scary and on a one direction mission. I cannot anticipate that he will have lost any sleep over a meeting with Joe Biden and he would certainly make an excellent Poker player.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Putin interview
I only watched a short clip of this latest interview but in the past I agree with the above posts. Here is a man full of self confidence & leads rightly or wrongly from the front.

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
Putin interview
There is a consistency in his leadership, look to the swings and about faces of USA policy :confused: Does he still class himself as Communist?

Saoirse

Putin interview
To be fair to Putin ( and its dangerous not to be!) I dont think he ever described himself as a communist

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Putin interview
I believe Biden has said he will not be doing a joint press chat after him and Putin have their meeting.
That comes over as a lack of confidence from the US Presidents backers IMO.
Two powerful leaders, I think the world would expect a little joint Q&A from the press.

Camden

Putin interview
He is not a Trump, needing , craving attention..... What will be reported is more professional and relevant the actual substance of their talks ..not who did what, or any meaningless adlibs ...

Biden said a joint press conference between the two leaders could lead to distractions about their demeanor and take away from what the leaders discussed privately."I don't want to get into being diverted by, did they shake hands, who talked the most "

Questions can still be put at their own press conferences .. the same as joint were only one talks at a time anway ... no distractions on how its received by the other.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Putin interview
He is not a Trump, needing , craving attention..... What will be reported is more professional and relevant the actual substance of their talks ..not who did what, or any meaningless adlibs ...

Biden said a joint press conference between the two leaders could lead to distractions about their demeanor and take away from what the leaders discussed privately."I don't want to get into being diverted by, did they shake hands, who talked the most "

Questions can still be put at their own press conferences .. the same as joint were only one talks at a time anway ... no distractions on how its received by the other.
Lack of confidence.......

Camden

Putin interview
Lack of confidence.......

In the opinion of a Trump defender ... so you obviously preferred the exes Prez ... attention seeking style ?

We all saw the Trumps Finland Fiasco were Trump had to backtrack on his stupid joint press conference comments ... the actual substance of the Finnish talks long forgotten by this press conference, disgraceful faux pax own goal .

Last edited:

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Putin interview
In the opinion of a Trump defender ... so you obviously preferred the exes Prez ... attention seeking style ?

We all saw the Trump Finland Fiasco were Trump had to backtrack on his stupid comments ... the actual substance of the Finnish talks forgotten in the press conference disgraceful faux pax.
What's Trump got to do with it?
Biden has decades of experience in politics & dealt with all and sundry over those decades. Not facing the press jointly with Putin, both can now say what they like individually & not get challenged on it.

Camden

Putin interview
What's Trump got to do with it?
Biden has decades of experience in politics & dealt with all and sundry over those decades. Not facing the press jointly with Putin, both can now say what they like individually & not get challenged on it.

What press conference between two heads of States have you seen one of the heads of state challenge what the other head of state has said ? ( if that is what you mean ? ) The Press can still challenge also at a single held PC ....

Your right Biden has decades of experience and has taken Joint press conferences with various political figures before so shows no lack of confidence ..

And Trump has something to do with it ... due to his Finland Fiasco were the PC outshone the substance of the talks .... The Biden Administration want a break from this perception and set a different style ...they clearly want to avoid the optics of having Biden sharing that kind of platform with the Russian president were the substance of the Talks are overlooked for superfluous tabloid fodder ala Trump ....

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Putin interview
What press conference between two heads of States have you seen one of the heads of state challenge what the other head of state has said ? ( if that is what you mean ? ) The Press can still challenge also at a single held PC ....

Your right Biden has decades of experience and has taken Joint press conferences with various political figures before so shows no lack of confidence ..

And Trump has something to do with it ... due to his Finland Fiasco were the PC outshone the substance of the talks .... The Biden Administration want a break from this perception and set a different style ...they clearly want to avoid the optics of having Biden sharing that kind of platform with the Russian president were the substance of the Talks are overlooked for superfluous tabloid fodder ala Trump ....
"And Trump has something to do with it ... due to his Finland Fiasco were the PC outshone the substance of the talk"

Its not Trump, nor is it in Finland.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Putin interview
The only snip of the interview I saw was the question posed to Putin about Syria.
It was on the lines of replacing Assad, Putin's response was, replace him with whom or what, has nothing been learned from Afghanistan, Libya etc?

Mushroom

Putin interview
I'm just glad he kept awake. Did anyone advise him that he was meeting Putin and not Rasputin?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom