ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Pure Class
Some classic quotes from the great and the good of our national sport.....

"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life." - George Best

"Samassi Abou don't speak the English too good." - Harry Redknapp

"There's no in between - you're either good or bad. We were in between." - Gary Lineker

"This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for these players. Well, twice in a lifetime if you count the first match." - John Motson

"Moving from Wales to Italy is like moving to a different country." - Ian Rush

"We actually got the winner three minutes from the end but then they equalised." - Ian McNail

"I'm a firm believer that if you score one goal the other team have to score two to win." - Howard Wilkinson

"75% of what happens to Paul Gascoigne in his life is fiction." - Glen Hoddle

"What I said to them at half time would be unprintable on radio." - Gerry Francis

"If somebody in the crowd spits at you, you've just got to swallow it." - Gary Lineker

"Newcastle girls are all dogs. England is full of them." - Freddy Shepherd

"I love England, one reason being the magnificent breasts of English girls." - Emmanuel Petit

"I don't really like the north. It's always raining, it's really cold and I don't like all those little houses." Freddie Kanoute

"More football later, but first let's see the goals from the Scottish cup final." - Des Lynam

"He's one of those footballers whose brains are in his head." - Derek Johnstone

"Bordeaux's champagne country, isn't it?" - David Pleat

"We're definitely going to get Brooklyn christened, but we don't know into which religion." - David Beckham

"My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about seven." - David Beckham

"I honestly believe that we can go all the way to Wembley... unless somebody knocks us out." - Dave Bassett

"Dennis Wise, Vinnie Jones and John Fashanu must be turning in their graves." - Carlton Palmer

"Diego Maradona - a flawed genius who has now become a genius who is flawed." - Bob Wilson

"Paul Scholes - the most complete mental player I've ever seen." - Ben Thornley

"For my money, Duff servicing people from the left with his balls in there is the best option." - Andy Gray

"One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best." - Alan Shearer

"And Ritchie has now scored eleven goals, exactly double the number he scored last season." - Alan Parry

C

Latest Posts

Top Bottom