babsgood

Deemon in disguise
property tax
has anyone heard abut a tax that is being levied on all property owners in Turkey this year? apparently it will be between 600 and 1000 TL and will vary depending on the size of your house, the tax has to be paid before the end of October 2009. A friend of mine has spoken to his accountant who has confirmed this.

I am curious to know what it is for and why all of a sudden a new tax is being imposed, can anyone shed any light on this please?

PASH

property tax
Oh no, what now! Not another tax, i am going to be potless at this rate - do tell me more, getting a bit like Mr Browns stealth taxes.

butt007

Warren
property tax
Could this be a misunderstanding? It just seems to co-incide with this 1000tl fine for everyone in November re. the "x" in the correct box on your Tapu.
warren

kuzmin

kuzmin
property tax
No, not heard about this one either. I would be interested though if anyone knows where I can get a blank copy of an property owners tax declaration form though, that I could easily download and preferably be able to translate. We have been told that you do have to have made over 2300 ytl profit on renting out your property before having to pay any tax on your income, but that you do still have to declare anything you make otherwise they can slam all sorts of fines on you. The developer of our site, who lives on the site for some unknown reason, doesnt like people renting the properties and has said that he will report everyone that rents it out to the tax man, so we thought we had better find out the nitty gritty of it all. Any clues?

Guz1

property tax
Kuzmin: Section VII of the Turkish Economy's Guide to Buying Property in Turkey covers Taxes and Compulsory Insurance. Here's a link to that section: Property related Taxes and compulsory insurance in Turkey

Scroll down the page to subsection 7.3.10 headed "Personal Income Tax". That subsection contains a link to a Guideline for non-resident foreigners which explains the rules about rental income. Subsection 7.3.10 also includes a link for downloading the tax form which is in Turkish.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom