property in restricted areas
Is there any truth in the rumour that the Turkish government is so fed up with foreigners setting up bogus companies just to buy and own houses in restricted areas that they are considering changing the law to allow anyone to own houses in all areas, as in Europe.

no-nem

What, and stop getting the stopaj revenue etc. from these companies? Pigs and flying come to mind.

Harem

I've cliqued
They'll get the money by other means - governments always do.

Karyn UK

I heard a rumour a couple of years ago that the government was aware of how the loophole was being used and wanted to close it but never that they would deal with it by lifting the restrictions. Getting rid of the military zones would cause massive tantrums and a rash of attempted law suits by frenzied right wing politicians looking for easy publicity. See band wagon, jump on it kind of thing.

K

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
The rumour does not relate to military zones, but to village lands. Also, 2B Forestry land is to be sold off.

Ian

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Didn't the last change of law in Feb 2006 introduce the restriction on buying in areas that weren't under any development plan.

Thanks for all your replies
Our house is being built on what you might class as village land as it is fairly remote.
Am I right in saying that at present We are not allowed to own land near a village or town with less than 2000 inhabitants?

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
No, you can own it if you set-up a Company.
The danger, if you put it in someone else's name, is that they own your house. Even if you trust them absolutely, in the event of their untimely death or a debt being called in, your house and land will be an asset of that person and you will lose it all.

Ian

Thanks Ian,but I would hate to spend a small fortune setting up a company if the law may change fairly soon and make it unnecessary. The house may not be finished until next spring.Some people on the forum think it would be difficult to dissolve a company, so its all kind of worrying to say the least!

v6cod

Living in Okcular
You need to check if it comes under the nearest beldiye's development plan, from how you described it's remoteness it probably isn't but worth a check.

Helenm150

annandpaul said:
Thanks Ian,but I would hate to spend a small fortune setting up a company if the law may change fairly soon and make it unnecessary. The house may not be finished until next spring.Some people on the forum think it would be difficult to dissolve a company, so its all kind of worrying to say the least!
I think dissolving a Turkish Limited Company in Turkey is just as straight forward as dissolving a Limited Company in the UK - a simple accounting procedure - has anyone heard otherwise?

Sara-666

Hi Helen,

We were told when we set up our company that it was the same time scale and price to dissolve it, I have no reason to disbelieve that

Sara

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Annandpaul, you are taking a big risk on the off-chance that there might be a law change in the future.
When you bought the village land you would have paid (I hope) significantly less for it than you might have done if it was in a development area. If you look at the 'big picture' rather than trying to save money now, it must make sense financially to own the land; you have saved the cost of the company, and it's closure, in the purchase price.
Ian

Thanks,everyone, you have been a big help to us.
We are going to Turkey in a couple of weeks and we must resolve this asap or risk losing the lot.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom