Steve_TPS

Property Condition Surveys
For all those who live in Altinkum and the surrounding area, I have just been in communication with another surveyor looking to start up a similar business to mine in that area. If anyone is interested please mail me and I will pass on his details

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
Hiya do you know anyone starting same down my way would be really interested in offering that service..Lynda

Steve_TPS

Lynda, working on setting up a network of surveyors but, havn't got anybody that far west yet. have you a specific problem?

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
No but with the amount of constuction going on here feel it would be a great service to have and to offer to potential buyers. When this sort of profession comes it improves services all round. keep me in mind if you know of anyone who does get dowm here

Steve_TPS

Lynda

If there were sufficient surveys or similar to do in one visit, I would be wiling to come over and stay a few days, it would need to be a few though to make it worthwile

Lynda

In my dreams I'm dancing
Thanks, will do some thinking on this and get back direct to you ...

heidi

Hi
this is a great idea, but it is not a gauranteed survey in Turkey.
We have an independant builder (English ), who will do this for our customers, BUT it is more a warning of future problems. There is No law in Turkey to cover this legally. So do not think you have any legal come back on it ....it is not recognised here.

holidayworld

Who Can We Can.
Hi All

It is a very good idea but people may just think it just an added cost that they don't want to pay because it's not recognised here YET?

But go for it and see what the people say.

Gail

Steve, we would have paid it because although it's not recognised over there, it's peace of mind.

Gail:)

Steve_TPS

Heidi,

There is no legal come back on any survey in the UK unless the surveyor is negligent. Gail has it right, the idea is to give buyers peace of mind and advise them on properties that, shall we say, do not meet the specifications of the UK or northern Europe. I don't have to tell you how cheap it is to renovate or just rewire and re-plumb over in Turkey. But prospective purchasers do not realise this. We once looked at a two bed apartment in Akyaka, for £6k the agent offered to completely strip out all plumbing and electrics and rewire, plumb etc. new san ware, new tiling, complete new floor tiles throughout, new uPVC windows and security doors, security bars at the windows, build new walls outside in the garden, decorate inside and out plus a host of other small extras. The idea of the survey is to give people the confidence to buy properties with peace of mind but also to make them think about properties that they would not normaly go for.

heidi

I totally agree and that's why we want the service. I was only pointing out the legal side because two customers who have taken us up on ithave asked for a gaureantee and we can't offer it.

Steve_TPS

As I have said previously,anyone looking for a survey, in Turkey or the UK, you are asking the opinion of the surveyor on the condition of the property. As it is an opinion it cannot be a legal document. It's like asking your doctor to give you a check up, the doctor will give you an opinion on your general state of health. If the survey or the check up prove to be wrong and the "professional" has been negligent, then there is a case to answer in the civil courts. In the case of a survey, if the roof space is totally closed off and the surveyor has no access, it would be unreasonable to expect him/her to know that the roof was rotten. However the report should mention that the roof space was closed off and therefore a survey could not be made of the roof. In that way an informed decision can be reached.

Heidi,

If you want to use the service, please send me your details, I will be happy to link you on my Recomended Agents page.

Gail

Only 20 days to go and I'm on my way over for first holiday of the year [:p]

Steve GOOD LUCK, as I have said before, we would have paid for a survey just fro peace of mind, we worried ourselves half to death when we were buying our place, :(:(

I hope you get off to a flying start and get the business busy for the 2005 season;)

Best wishes.

Gail:)

Steve_TPS

Why, Thank You Maam

This is just a an addition for any one thinking of starting this service in Turkey.
Steve left Turkey last June 2005..not sure if it was personal or that the call
for a surveyor is just not there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom