property altinkum
hi was looking at property on the internet in altinkum.i couldnt believe the cheap prices compered to marmaris were i live. i was wondering why that is...

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
property altinkum
Hi Christy, Seems thats what Altinkum is famous for, cheap property! Its a young town and not as established as the rest of the resorts but, its being upgraded slowly but surely :)

property altinkum
Hi Christy

We bought in Altinkum, 5 yrs ago, and could not be happier with our choice, it has all that you need, as Kym mentions, the changes in our short time there has been amazing, every year that we go, there is always an improvement somewhere to be seen, and it is still growing, so glad we bought there.
I would recommend that maybe you could spend a week there, to check it out

Cheers Peter

Flipflop

property altinkum
I gather that the Turkish military had some bearing on the area too - and did not allow building on much of the land until quite recently. Once this had been removed as an obstacle, everyone with a couple of tobacco fields became a builder / developer overnight - which is why many of the blocks are built with a number of the apartments in the scheme going to the land owner (as part of the deal when the builder buys the plot) who can sell them or rent them out as they see fit, leading to many apartmenmts lying empty in a scheme for some while.

As the immediate area gets built up, the land avilable becomes more valuable, so if a buyer is looking for a deal, there are good prices at the moment, and any buyer should look at their purchase as a good long term option.

at some point he area will get close to other towns - but I doubt myself ever reach the same prices as say, Bodrum or the like, but I reckon Didim / Altinkum is still a good bet. Lots of nice improvements going on - some cosmetic, like the planting of the huge palm trees etc, and some like the upgrade of the drains which will really benefit the town as a whole, so looking forward to seeing the place get even better.

panther

property altinkum
After thinking about Marmaris being mentioned. I stayed at Icmeler 4 times. Didn't particularly like Marmaris to buy but regret buying in Icmeler. Only Icmeler was more expensive.

property altinkum
i think panther its were you first go we came to marmaris seven yrs ago and loved it.still do.its very busy here and the winters not boring just wondered how come altinkum was so cheap.Icemeler is nice but dead in the winter.thank you all for you comments on altinkum ,,,,,

Top Bottom