kian

Process of selling a property
Hello all,

Im a German citizen and we have a property in Turkey, for which I have found a buyer and want to sell it.

I would like to ask you about the exact process of selling.

The documents I have:
I have the POA issue by the Turkish consulate in Germany.
I have the confirmation from the tax department.

As far as I understand reading posts here, to sell the property we basically go to the title deed registration office, I get the money and sign the relevant paperwork. (Property purchase - steps to follow thank you Nowai)

Is it necessary to register for the visit at the title deed registration office or we can go there without registration?

I did read if I make any gains I also have to pay taxes, but in my case unfortunately no gains:) Are there any other costs?

Las time I opened a EUR account with Ziraat Bank, but they did not give any card or internet banking. Jus a piece of paper with some data (Name, Account number,...) on it.
I would prefer a EUR account with internet banking and card for foreigners, do you know one?

Thanks
Kian

enoch

You will need to have a sales folder with all property details today's price but it it has to be done by a property advisor, (, turkish Emlak) the cost is up to 2000 tl. It is only for foreigners another tax. They wil not make the sale without it.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Hello all,

Im a German citizen and we have a property in Turkey, for which I have found a buyer and want to sell it.

I would like to ask you about the exact process of selling.

The documents I have:
I have the POA issue by the Turkish consulate in Germany.
I have the confirmation from the tax department.

As far as I understand reading posts here, to sell the property we basically go to the title deed registration office, I get the money and sign the relevant paperwork. (Property purchase - steps to follow thank you Nowai)

Is it necessary to register for the visit at the title deed registration office or we can go there without registration?

I did read if I make any gains I also have to pay taxes, but in my case unfortunately no gains:) Are there any other costs?

Las time I opened a EUR account with Ziraat Bank, but they did not give any card or internet banking. Jus a piece of paper with some data (Name, Account number,...) on it.
I would prefer a EUR account with internet banking and card for foreigners, do you know one?

Thanks
Kian
The Tapu Office will be by appointment only. Relevant taxes owed will be paid at a bank. Any water and electric bills/debts are not relevant in the Tapu Office.
First port of call should be the Belidye Office to clear any “council tax” on the property, which is unrelated to property selling tax.

Kanga

The Tapu Office will be by appointment only. Relevant taxes owed will be paid at a bank. Any water and electric bills/debts are not relevant in the Tapu Office.
First port of call should be the Belidye Office to clear any “council tax” on the property, which is unrelated to property selling tax.
Spot on, you need the 'emlak vergisi' department which will also advise you of any other debts secured against the property. Take your belediye number for reference or they may not find your records.
When you cancel the water and electric accounts they should refund the original setting up charges.

Bramidan

You could go into a recognised Emlak office and ask how much they would charge you just to assist you and accompany you to the Tapu office.
As you have sold it yourself you wouldn't be in for massive fees but I would guess as they are probably not that busy they might be interested in earning some lira.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom