val2661

Problems with tt internet anyone???
I've always been on the basic package with TT Net with no problems. Last week however I decided to go for a higher bandwidth package so that I can use UK TV Access (thank you Neil). Since then I keep losing the internet entirely. I called TT Net who checked my line and said it was all ok. They sent out two men who checked everything and told me my wiring to the internet was faulty (thank you complex caretaker, who charged me 70TL to wire this!!) and replaced the faulty wire. Over the weekend my internet connection has been spasmodic and I have not been able to access the UK TV Access as it states I don't have enough broadband width. I have an Airties_RT-205 modem.

Could any of you techy guys out there tell me if it's my modem or has anyone else experienced problems with internet over the weekend. It's been bad again this morning and seems to be running very slowly.

Hope someone can help me.

Val

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Have you tried disconnecting the phone ?

We had a problem a few weeks ago and when the TT techy came out he spotted that we had 2 phones. He told us to unplug one. As soon as we did that the ADSL connection improved.

hijo

in my own clique
..also cordless phones themselves cause these problems ..they cause havoc with internet ..and televisions..we got rid of ours and has worked fine since:28:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Yep, forgot to mention, it was the cordless one that we were advised to disconnect.

val2661

Thanks guys, I do have a cordless phone. Will disconnect the phone and go and buy a corded one. I've also downloaded opera browser as I was using Mozilla Firefox. Don't know if this will help.

Val

Hi Val

TTNet are a bit of a joke ... when I moved house, they downgraded my connection and never told me, took another problem to discover that. I was losing connection constantly, and speed was dropping ... when they actually do get some technicians out to you they work wonders, they fixed my line, checked all the connections. Damp weather can cause oxidisation on the wires if they are exposed anywhere, so if your line runs outside at any point (mine does) it can affect coinnection. I hope you get it figured. TTNet is something we just have to live with, but my advice to anyone having connection trouble is to act on it right away, call 444 0375 and get the line checked and insist that they send someone.

Squeaky

Good evening;

I am fairly new to this as I have only recently had an ADSL with modem installed having used a free wi-fi for years.

I now watch a fair amount of TV via a VPN in the UK so am now much more attentive to what is happening with the ADSL. For general internet browsing it is perfectly ok and I don't notice much in the way of problems however when watching a TV program I have noticed the line suddenly freezing - just stopping. It maintains the connection but absolutely nothing comes in or out - I have a network monitor which shows a small graph so one can see what is happening.

This can last for several minutes or longer and suddenly it will start sending and receiving again. If I get fed up waiting I turn off the modem and let it reboot and all is well. I would say this will happens several times a night.

Have no idea of what causes this but that's the way it is. Can't do anything until I figure out the cause which I doubt in at my end.

Cheers

Squeaky

That sounds a bit odd. I'm used to the odd times when I have to hold a programme on pause while it buffers a bit, but never have a total freeze on data. Sounds like either your VPN provider is overloading the server with too many users, or something local - not a TTNet thing. Next time it happens you could try looking at your router status at (usually) http://192.168.1.1/ to see if you've lost your TTNet connection - it should say 'showtime' under status, and tell you your speed. If that's all well, think about another VPN provider. Let me know if you want a quick trial of uktvaccess to see if it's any better. (Same goes for anyone here.)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom