Status
Not open for further replies.

Maidmarion

Problems getting TAPU and connections
Re: the truth about estate agents in Turkey

Hi vjvodka, I am new so I am not sure how it works but here goes. We bought in Altinkum 10 months ago, we have NO Tapu, NO water, NO electricity and NO where to stay when we come over which has been 3 time since the purchase. The whole asking price is fully paid up but I have nothing to show for it only a few photo's. Why is it that other people I have spoken to do not have tapu but they DO have water and electricity and not only can THEY stay there they have paying visitors staying there?? I am curiouse to know what you think and what you should do were you me. Maidmarion

merlin

Hi Maidmarion and welcome to Turkish Living!

Sorry to hear that you have experienced so many problems with your house purchase, we have many Agents on the forum and I am sure they can get you on the right track and find out where things have gone wrong.

Merv!

Last edited:

cenk

I tried to say , best help can be got from a friend and nothing can take the place of it , even a professional respectful service.
By the way many thanks for the great info Merlin , I didnt know that there are "make a friend sites" on internet !!!!!!

So

Maidmarion said:
we have NO Tapu, NO water, NO electricity

Did you ask your agent to connect it for you or did you assume they would? And did you pay for the connection? did you get some sort of receipt of this payment?

Tapu can take a long time, but 10 months is very long, your agent should keep you posted. Maalesef, now you will have to wait even longer with the rulers of the country being on holliday :frown:

I am curious though...if you have been back 3 times since purchase, what story is your agent telling you on the water & electric issue???

edit: @ Cenk: My parents always thought me "never sell anything to a friend" and after selling my car to a girlfriend and having her bother me for every little thing months after the sale and demanding some refund on the price, sort of confirmed that saying for me. I think it is nobel that you have this attitude, but in the end you are not in this business to make new friends are you?

Last edited:

Maidmarion

I did ask my agent about the water and electricity but he said I cannot have it without tapu. I even asked the builder in person to put it on for me but he said, no it would cost too much in tax. so being the mild manered person that i am, lol, i took that as gospel. I didnt want anymore bills to pay at that moment in time. I also asked agent to ring the military for update but he said if they did that they would pull out my file check it then put it back probably to the bottom of the pile and i would have to wait even longer. Tell me Mushtaq, will i now have to wait until they come back off holiday in September??? Do they not get sent out in August?????

Maidmarion

vjvodka said:
:cell: please could people post here where they think agents like my self get it wrong and the truth is what i want how can make this company better if people dont say what they think the service should be.and what would help the buyer when buying.thanks
After sales service is a MUST. Customers need to know you are ready willing and able to help when they call and they are all upset and confused. Buying a property in a forgien country is a whole new ball game and once you come home you need to know that you can phone your agent with your problems and they are there to help out of friendship and courtesy. after all you have spent an awfull lot of money with them and proving to you how good they can be means recommendations for the agent.

Mushtaq

Founding Member

Maidmarion said:
Tell me Mushtaq, will i now have to wait until they come back off holiday in September??? Do they not get sent out in August?????

The applications already submitted are still being processed, that is if they were submitted in the first place, you need to know all the details of the application to be able to determin if that was done or not.

When the agent/builder applies for the army clearance, they are given a receipt with a number, you need that along with details of your property to enquire, where your application is from the army.

merlin

This has been discussed before.

I still maintain that any Agent who has an ounce of credibility in the town they are working has a way of getting essential services connected without a tapu.

Its common practice.

An agent that cant pull out the stops when necessary is about as useful as a pound of pork sausages to a turk.

Merv!

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Can you tell us a bit more about the property, is an apartment in a building or a villa?

If an apartment are there other residents living there yet?

Is the builder and the agent connected or the same person?

What does your contract say about all of this?

You might want to contact our resident Turkish Lawyer to sort these people out, clearly they are taking the p*ss :ranting:

Mushtaq

Founding Member

merlin said:
I still maintain that any Agent who has an ounce of credibility in the town they are working has a way of getting essential services connected without a tapu.
Its common practice.
Merv!

I think there are reasons for this and sound to me like tax liabilities and permissions to me :eek:hwell:

So

merlin said:
An agent that cant pull out the stops when necessary is about as useful as a pound of pork sausages to a turk.

Merv!

:biggrin: :biggrin: That should be funny thread...home made sayings ....

Maidmarion

mushtaq said:
Can you tell us a bit more about the property, is an apartment in a building or a villa?

If an apartment are there other residents living there yet?

Is the builder and the agent connected or the same person?

What does your contract say about all of this?

You might want to contact our resident Turkish Lawyer to sort these people out, clearly they are taking the p*ss :ranting:
My property is an apartment in a block of 6 and i am the only person not conected. The builder and the agent are not the same people. I have had the agent send a cleaner out, at my cost, so that we could furnish it, but i didnt think that i would have to leave it unattended for so long. I have had a lot of extra's too. My contract states that if the building was not finished on time then the builder would have to pay me £5000, It was on time. If we pulled out then I would pay him £5000. As I have paid all the money to the builder without tapu I would have thought he would have been more accomadating.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Well I can't see any good reason for them not sorting this out. Who is your agent? Maybe they are on here and can help sort this out?

Maidmarion

mushtaq said:
Well I can't see any good reason for them not sorting this out. Who is your agent? Maybe they are on here and can help sort this out?
Hi Mushtaq I have got out all my paper work and I have a 'photo copy tapu, without photo. and contracts with numbers in the top right hand corner. If I take these papers to the ammeneties office would they then let me have my water and electric or do i still need to wait for tapu with photo. MM

vjvodka

hi there maidmarian
sorry took awhile to speak to you but my daughter been ill so not been in the office.
with out your deeds you cant have the bills in your name.how ever some builder let you use the property and amminities before deeds come so they provide the conection which they have to take a liacence out for at a charge.but there are unfortunatly some builders that wont do this so the place cant be used until the deeds.there is no law that says your builder as to do this so maybe you were unlucky in the builder you got.
when people say oh we used our appartment before tapu they just had builders that were willing to put water and electric on just lucky.
but until you can get tapu unless your builder changes his mind there is nothing you are your agent can do.sorry

lorraine

Non Active Member
VJ, is this not one of the questions that we have ben discussing on here ''how can agents help'' or learn to give a better service to their customers?

In this Marions case would her agent not be able to mediate on her behalf, a good agent would get this sorted and push for a speedy resolve, especially as she states that all money has been paid. Maybe she should tell us the name of the agent and the builder ''Name and Shame'' Forums like this help potential customers in choosing an agent/builder, do you not agree?

I think there is a solution for connecting your electric and the water without transferring the deed on your name like all the tenants in Turkey. All you would need to do is to connect the electric and water on the current owners name and then with a rental agreement, copy of the current title deed, living permission and passport copies transfer it on your name. But this would cost some extra.

Or if there is a communal connection or a previous connection for the construction exists you might be able to connect via this connections. I believe your agent should be capable to provide or sort it out with the builder or the owner.

I would need to check it with the power company tomorrow for further info -as they are closed for today.

Maidmarion

Thank you everyone for your input. I am no better off at the moment as it seems that vj is right by saying you cannot have water and electric without tapu if you have a ballsy old fart of a builder that will not co-operate. I read on this forum that someone was refused their tapu, I hope this is a one off as I now have furnisher in mine so if I do not get Tapu I am deeply in the **** A really fed up Maidmarion :w00t: :frown:
PS Is there a number I could phone at the military to see how much longer the Tapu would be??? :cell:

PPS VJV. sorry to hear your little girl is poorly, hope it isnt serious :panda:

Last edited:

vjvodka

sorry maidmarian but this is something that should be stated when buying when you will be able to use the property with water and electric.then this wouldnt happen why arnt agents more honest its beyond me.lorraine her agent is just that her agent and should be fighting in her corner this is why she is paying them a fee.
come on agents when people are buying the first question you should ask builder is WHEN CAN THEY USE İT WİTH WATER AND ELECTRİC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom