bobthenob

Non Active Member
Problems Being Hot
Over the pass week here in Akbuk has been quite hot.With the dry ground releasing it’s surface layer in the air and settling on the furniture inside the house is enough soil to germinate seeds to grow.My motto is why clean something when l know it will only get dirty again.l mainly leave it up to the wife to make that decision.
Going to bed looking like a wet greasy sausage does have it’s disadvantages.When l get off the bed covers slowly.A slurping long noise is coming from the bed-sheet attached to my back while l am trying to depart myself from the sheets.Leaving a deep con caved impression of my body on the sheets.Not a pleasant sight.

But the advantage of being wet and greasy is when a mosquito lands on your head it gets stuck just like landing on a fly trap.This is when to give it a good slap.”OK”,l know there are draw backs to this,but a temporary throbbing headache will only last a short while.

The other problem l have while l’m hot,l just cannot be bothered to do anything but finding ways to cool off.l have this fan that only works on high speed only.Trying to read the paper while the fan is on takes on a whole different meaning to reading the paper.Thank God l don’t need to wear a wig.But they do come in handy wiping the brow when sweaty.
How are you coping during the hot days and how do you keep cool

Last edited:

maggie

Problems Being Hot
Am sat in just my drawers ( not a pretty sight )fan blowing on highest setting.
An ice block from the freezer tucked behind my knees (very cooling).
Have lost count of how many glasses of water Ive drunk today.

I do like the heat but yes Akbuk has been very hot over the last few days even the breeze is a warm one.

Nik keeps having a cold shower then standing in front of the fan, he has a frozen bottle of water on his head.

The cats are dolloped in front of a fan in the kitchen and have been miaowing for iced water.

I dont know me moan when its hot we moan when its cold but the extremes from one to another here in Turkey are vast.

Hugs Maggie xx

Problems Being Hot
OMG - this sounds like hell! We are in week 2 of rain in Hertfordshire.... yet I am finding the humidity a pain. Either that or I am going through the change... no comments please.
Well due out on the 4th, and am now regretting the decision to come in the summer!

Problems Being Hot
I complain in the winter because we don't get any direct sun in our living room or on the terrace, but at this time of year it's a blessing, it's a comfortable 30 on the terrace and I'm sitting in the living room with no need of a fan!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Problems Being Hot
The temperature have reached the mid 40's.There have been quite a few fires breaking out in the area as well.With the strong hot winds that lasted now for over a week,has been feeding the flames.

The fire fighters have done a fantistic job putting out the fire.

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Problems Being Hot
It's the Aircon for me. I think without it I would die. I have an icecream maker and the cold block from that is fantastic. Fans are great but as the temperature rises the air being circulated gets hotter. But I think if I was in the UK now I would moan about the cold wet weather, never satisfied.

Problems Being Hot
:36le: This is what I look like in this weather, not a pretty sight! Have to keep leaping in for a cold shower every hour or so when at home. Or go for a swim in the pool. Usually go back to England for a few weeks this time of year, but this year got visitors over. Heard the expresion 'sweaty minger' well that's what I feel like, Just off for another shower now ! Joy x;)

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Problems Being Hot
We just went to the beach most days while we were out there. Maybe its changed recently, but there was a lovely breeze most days at the beaches.

You should thank your lucky stars, its cold, grey, windy, and bloody wet here in Manchester. Its hard to believe that its the third week in July!!!

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Problems Being Hot
Aircon for me too - sod the cost!

Keep windows and curtains closed all day is another tip for stopping the hot air.

jcrian

Problems Being Hot
For instant cooling, get someone to trickle a teaspoon of cold water between your shoulder blades.

It does work, try it!

nanamo

Problems Being Hot
Bob you really made me laugh, those sheets sticking to you must be a 'cool' sight. We are out next week for 2 weeks - we were there last July and August and coped but it sounds as if its hoter this year already. Plenty of Effes, sunbed umbrellas and slow walking to the restaurants for us then. Molly

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Problems Being Hot
Bob you really made me laugh, those sheets sticking to you must be a 'cool' sight. We are out next week for 2 weeks - we were there last July and August and coped but it sounds as if its hoter this year already. Plenty of Effes, sunbed umbrellas and slow walking to the restaurants for us then. Molly
"Heh",it reminded of Homer Simpson leaving the sofa,while stuck in it all day.The sound was the same,a slurping,"Thhhrrraaaap"..Pinnng!.

nanamo

Problems Being Hot
Bob, reminds me of when I went to my first 'proper do'. My friend and I were all dressed in our best frocks, she went to the loo while I waited for her at the foot of a long winding staircase that was the focal point of the wonderful lavish hall. She gracefully made her way down step by step and when she arrved at the bootom we saw she was trailing the loo roll behind her, the other end tucked in her knickers. Molly

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Problems Being Hot
We enjoyed it last week, there were a few days of very high but warm winds, over the week-end the breeze went and it was so very hot, but we have a very nice pool, and outside showers that we kept using to cool off, and I really did enjoy my very refreshing Gin and Tonics. I'm sat back in the UK, it's blowing a hooly here and peeing down, I'm so depressed today with the weather and wish so much for that sunbrella and the views from my balcony.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Problems Being Hot
We enjoyed it last week, there were a few days of very high but warm winds, over the week-end the breeze went and it was so very hot, but we have a very nice pool, and outside showers that we kept using to cool off, and I really did enjoy my very refreshing Gin and Tonics. I'm sat back in the UK, it's blowing a hooly here and peeing down, I'm so depressed today with the weather and wish so much for that sunbrella and the views from my balcony.

Where ever you go sunny.the sunshine will always be with you,because your personality beams a brightness that over powers gloom.
Here is a song just for you sunny .please don't be glum.l would like to know you are having fun.

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b3xk_bobby-mcferrin-dont-worry-be-happy_music"]Dailymotion - Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy - une vidéo Musique@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2b3xk@@AMEPARAM@@x2b3xk[/ame]

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Problems Being Hot
Awwwww, Thank you so much Bob you've cheered up my day, and that song just has to make you smile. We've never met, but yes I do like to think that I bring sunshine into the people's lives that I touch because I have a sunny personality.

:thanks:

pebble

Problems Being Hot
Bob, your pozt iz too funny....(zomething happend to my "s" key, the top came off, zo am uzing the z key inztead juzt get uzed to it for petez zake.........)

look...try thiz trick that i have Been doing becauze i get overjeated with the radiation treatment..........it will really help you out. I pozted it in another forum that i dont want to mention, but i think u will figure out the place.........

buy a dozen wazhclothz, (unlezz u have zome already) or more......
fill the zink with water, add a couple of dropz of an ezzential oil, i uze roze water.which iz very very cheap in turkey.....and jazmine water here..., but you can try zomething manly...i have no idea what..but here are zome additional ideaz. lemon cologne - if u like that, i happen to like it cauze it remindz me of my childhood, but no other foreigner zeemz to like it.....
vitruz flower water - or oil.i juzt reread thiz and couldnt for the life of me figure out what thiz waz..........itz CITRUZ WATER
anyhooooooo
juzt mix up the water mixture, throw the wazhclothz in it, zwirl it around.......the put them in a paztic bag, then throw them in the freezer, when it getz too hot, take one out and run it all over you face/neck, head if you are bald, or little hair, i run it over my head - face.....neck andzhoulderz, then juzt zit with it on my head (like a veil we uzed to wear in church when we were kidz - lol)
now, in turkey, it will melt to the conziztency you need right away, here we figured out that we can juzt refrigerate it in the meat compartmant to get the zame effect.
if you are freezing them, put them in indivual bagz, zo you can get juzt one eazy, otherwize you are fighting to zeparate them.
we have about 10 of theze in the fridge at one time, you guy will need more.
then when you are out, repeat the procezz of filling up and what not.

heck....even a zpritz of your favorite cologne/perfume/after zhave......
well i guezz you could be boring and not put anything on it, but it zee,z more refrezhing.\
i love the zcentz that i have been uzing, and the beszt thing abuot it, the zmellz i choze tranzport me back to bodrum. even if for a brief moment, i feel like i am back home......

Last edited:

pebble

Problems Being Hot
bob great video u pozted.........it iz bound to cheer everyone up.......i enjoyed liztening to it.....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom