JML

Problem with Turkcell Mobile
Is anyone else having problems with their pay as you go cell phone? I have been unable to put credit on my phone for nearly a week now, 1st I bought a card as usual but keep getting a message saying there is a problem with the network, then tried at the local shop, where I was told the satalite is down. I can make and receive calls but when my credit runs out it will be a problem.

Saoirse

uses the *122* to load not the 8090 number

I was able eventually to load using that number after trying for many days

evie

I am also having trouble loading card on to Turkcell so filled it up in shop with computer. tried to use *122* but keeps saying "you have dialed a wrong number"

evie

whats happened to the gift units you used to get on Turkcell ie buy 250 and get 50 free units - doesn't seem to be working now

JML

I am also having trouble loading card on to Turkcell so filled it up in shop with computer. tried to use *122* but keeps saying "you have dialed a wrong number"

Will have to see if I can do it at the Turkcell shop, I got same 'you have dialed a wrong number'.

I had the same problems today but have solved the problem!
Key into the phone *122* followed by the number on the top up card followed by # and press the call button. The top up happens immediately.
For example, *122*67891234567890#

Reactions: JML

hijo

in my own clique
whats happened to the gift units you used to get on Turkcell ie buy 250 and get 50 free units - doesn't seem to be working now

i think they change the credits to free text ..and i hate texting ..just wish turkcell gave us a choice..:hmm:

My Mum had problems with her Turkcell top up card. We did the *122* etc etc and kept getting a message saying wrong number imput.

We went into a local Turkcell shop and the young lady had the same problem. She eventually called Turkcell (using my Mums mobile) and and they admitted it was a systems error and the card was immediately topped up.

Soo x

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious

Whilst there in July, I did get free texts at week-end, but when I was there recently I didn't, and had topped up 250 Kontors!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The easiest way to add credit these days is through their website. You can either buy a Kontor card and then enter the details through the website or use a credit card.

TURKCELL - en

JML

I had the same problems today but have solved the problem!
Key into the phone *122* followed by the number on the top up card followed by # and press the call button. The top up happens immediately.
For example, *122*67891234567890#

Thank you for that,just did it and worked as you said.

Last edited:

Harem

I've cliqued
boo hoo - I keep trying to do that and it still doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!

celebi

i had a text nearly two months ago from turkcell saying they were stopping free texts and to watch out for next promotion,couple days later i received a text to say when i top up with 250 kontors to ring turkcell it will cost 1 kontor for 5mins and all other turkish numbers 2 kontors for 5 mins.
not sure if its still the same as not put credit on in a while

Trace :)

theres no helping some people Martyn!
Maybe the instructions needed spelling out a bit better (as I attempted to do in my post) rather than just saying use *122* to load.
I think some people were "dialling" 122 (as they would with the 8090 number) as opposed to keying the number in followed by the top up card number and hash key, hence the reason they were getting a voice message saying they had dialled a wrong number.

Last edited:
Reactions: JML
I don't understand any of Turkcell's sms's but I bought 500 TL a couple of weeks back and it doubled my credits!! Unfortunately used nearly all of it up by now:(

JML

uses the *122* to load not the 8090 number

I was able eventually to load using that number after trying for many days

Yes you did but I thought you ment just ring that number and I kept getting I quote, you have dialled an incorrect number. It was not plain from your post that I should put *122* then the number on the resale card then hash then press ring . but thank you anyway.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom