Germaine

Mass Debater
Private pool maintenance
Hi all.
I received a quote the other day from my developer for the maintenance charges on the site. I have been quoted £160 per month for the upkeep of a small private plunge pool measuring roughly 8ft by 13ft. I'm presuming this maintenance would be carred out by the company that would already be on site to look after the comunal pool. It seems a little steep. Anyone tell me what they are paying per month for a small private pool ? Anyone know any cheaper pool cleaning companies in Didim/Altinkum/Akbuk ?

Failing that, can anyone tell me where i can train to clean a pool. I think i'm in the wrong job.

Last edited by a moderator:

dolmusman

Private pool maintenance
Re: Priate pool maintenance

Hi all.
I received a quote the other day from my developer for the maintenance charges on the site. I have been quoted £160 per month for the upkeep of a small private plunge pool measuring roughly 8ft by 13ft. I'm presuming this maintenance would be carred out by the company that would already be on site to look after the comunal pool. It seems a little steep. Anyone tell me what they are paying per month for a small private pool ? Anyone know any cheaper pool cleaning companies in Didim/Altinkum/Akbuk ?

Failing that, can anyone tell me where i can train to clean a pool. I think i'm in the wrong job.
standard pool maintenance charges are 200tl per month including chemicals I know as I provide this service to private pools in Marmaris

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Private pool maintenance

Hi all.

He is taking advantage of you.That is far to much.l know a guy just next door to where the Akbuk estate agent is,pass the Akguller shop on the left and further on about a 100yards on the right is the shop.
l always do my own,which works out to around 200euro's for 4 to 5 months months.My pool is 25 square meters.

Nice to know that your back and hope all is well with you

Last edited:

Germaine

Mass Debater
Private pool maintenance

Thanks to the both of you.
Bob any idea how much he would charge me to look after my pool ?

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Private pool maintenance

Thanks to the both of you.
Bob any idea how much he would charge me to look after my pool ?

l can't give you a definite answer at this moment,because l don't know if his prices are the same as last year.
l'll be seeing him this week and will let you know.

Germaine

Mass Debater
Private pool maintenance

l can't give you a definite answer at this moment,because l don't know if his prices are the same as last year.
l'll be seeing him this week and will let you know.

Thanks Bob.
Failing tat, I might have a job for you :)

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Private pool maintenance

Thanks Bob.
Failing tat, I might have a job for you :)

l went down to the pool place today,but he was not there,.Give me tomorrow at the latest.He should be there in the afternoon,because he comes back from his praying.

Phil Johns

Kennels & Pet Transporter
Private pool maintenance
Mate
We supply a pool service I contract it all out . Chemicals have risen almost 100% this year due to the fact they can longer import them into Turkey from China, your average villa pool chems alone is for the summer season May- Oct
cost is £400 add to this the cost of daliy pool man (who this year has to have a lience and has to be a Turk ( more cost) a villa pool at £150 pcm leaves little profit can you do it for less??? would you hit the road at 5am return a at 8pm

That's whats requied to do the job correctly, Also you are in Akbuk as far as I know there are no certificated locals hense they have to come from Didim fuel costs!!!!!!!!!!!:
I would add those people who say they can do it cheaper will but won't /can't, do what it says on the tin, get my drift, you can't cut corners you re messing with peoples health:21:

kemer007

Private pool maintenance
I think you should better get liner system swimming pool,which would be very easy to clean+ less chemicals+ less money+ antibacterial and cover the top with Dome;)LOL

Private pool maintenance
Mate
We supply a pool service I contract it all out . Chemicals have risen almost 100% this year due to the fact they can longer import them into Turkey from China, your average villa pool chems alone is for the summer season May- Oct
cost is £400 add to this the cost of daliy pool man (who this year has to have a lience and has to be a Turk ( more cost) a villa pool at £150 pcm leaves little profit can you do it for less??? would you hit the road at 5am return a at 8pm

That's whats requied to do the job correctly, Also you are in Akbuk as far as I know there are no certificated locals hense they have to come from Didim fuel costs!!!!!!!!!!!:
I would add those people who say they can do it cheaper will but won't /can't, do what it says on the tin, get my drift, you can't cut corners you re messing with peoples health:21:

Could you tell me the procedure you would recommend for cleaning a pool at start of season?
I am intrigued as to what health and safety measures are used by pool companies here after watching the pool at our apartments being prepared for the season.
Is it common practice to leave stagnant water all winter,then empty the pool,clean the sides of the pool with the same stagnant water and that is considered clean?
Not that I would ever use the pool,I just wondered how many of the pool companies in Didim have done the course and to what standard the course is?

Private pool maintenance
Whilst I accept Phils comments re rising costs and certificates etc I could honestly not justify £160 a month (£2000 a year if paid all 12 months) just to keep the pool going coupled with the other maintenance costs,insurance etc for what is a holiday home for occasional visits.
If you live there permanently it a bit more realistic but not for say 3 visits a year.
I am feeling happier and happier that we went for a complex with a communal pool as we would honestly run out of funds for a villa quite quickly. What about filling it in and using the sea?
Some of these villas are huge and look superb but the costs add up it seems.
We have friends who look after their own because they live there as residents but for visiting owners its a big commitment and having to rely on others.

Last edited:
Private pool maintenance
Mate

Is this 100% rise in chemical costs peculiar to your area? I have bought all my chemicals this year and after checking the five or six suppliers around Dalyan and Ortaca none were more than five per cent higher than last year. My pool is only 25 square metres but for all my chemicals I paid under 300 TL and they will last me through till the end of October. A pool company last year charged a neighbour £400 for the same quantity, same brand, same sealed containers because, and I quote, "prices have gone up 100% this year" and that was 12 months ago.

JET

Private pool maintenance
`Fill It In`- sounds to be quite an original idea Terry & Sue. Bearing in mind the size of Germaine`s plunge type pool, it would considerably reduce annual costs and at the end of the day it is assumed that all occupants have use of the complex`s communal pool anyway or, alternatively, they could make their way daily down to the sea shore in a chauffeur driven car/taxi using the money saved from the pool maintenance.

Your suggestion may have opened up a can of worms...............

Saoirse

Private pool maintenance
Whilst I accept Phils comments re rising costs and certificates etc I could honestly not justify £160 a month (£2000 a year if paid all 12 months) just to keep the pool going coupled with the other maintenance costs,insurance etc for what is a holiday home for occasional visits.
If you live there permanently it a bit more realistic but not for say 3 visits a year.
I am feeling happier and happier that we went for a complex with a communal pool as we would honestly run out of funds for a villa quite quickly. What about filling it in and using the sea?
Some of these villas are huge and look superb but the costs add up it seems.
We have friends who look after their own because they live there as residents but for visiting owners its a big commitment and having to rely on others.

I honestly dont know where some get these costs. They must be getting ripped off Terry. Ours is average size pool, chemicals for season (May to Sept) £70, poolman to look after it (does a bloody good job) £60 per month.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Private pool maintenance
l'm not going to bother with filling up my pool this year,due to being flat broke is the main reason.
l heard of the price of the chemicals have shot up and also the issue of whether l am qualified to do my own pool,which could lead to an arrest with a hefty fine.
So!,l'll be installing an outside shower for to cool off,and just one minute away is the sea for me to enjoy a swim,knowing l have no need to maintian it.
l also love the idea of relieving myself without getting out of the water..aaahh.bliss.Well..if the fish are free to do it,so can l..equal rights while intrigating with the marine life.

kemer007

Private pool maintenance
Here is the liner system pool just to have an idea.The two square boxes there are cleannig the surface.We put a tablet on the boxes once a week and check the Ph and chlore every 3 days.Very very very easy for cleanning.;)

Attachments

• DSC09656.jpg
    DSC09656.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC09667.jpg
    DSC09667.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom