Whiskey02

Private Health Insurance - Residence Permit
I know this has been dealt with before, but as things are changing with Covid-19 etc I would appreciate some advice for private health insurance for a 12 or 24 months residence permit. Is there a company in Turkey that will give unlimited cover to expats even for people with pre- existing conditions? Most of the company policies I have seen exclude major items for at least 12 months, so they give the minimum with exclusions with just enough to get your residency permit approved. From what I have read for SGK it will most likely not be an option. I don't really care about getting treatment in a state hospital as I just want adequate cover in case I need it. Thanks for any help.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
I don't think you will find anyone that will cover pre-existing.But it depends on the the illness SGK will cover some so long as it is not chronic but others on here will know better than me Depending on your age private insurance stop a 65 year's

LauraB

Just a small correction. Private insurance doesn't necessarily stop at 65 years. I do think it is not possible to start a policy at over 65 but we took out our policy when we were 54 and 57 years and they are still covering us even though we are well into our 70s. After we had the policy for 10 years they said they would continue cover for our lifetime. Also the annual premium has only increased with inflation so in real terms we are probably paying less than when we took it out! And yes, we have claimed and they were extremely good. Guneş sigorta.

REDDERS

Either a 'full cover' private policy or SGK are the best you'll get here. Many can be tailored to your requirements so you're best to have a chat with a broker in the high street.
The cheapo private policies for RP acceptance are very basic.
There is not an insurance company in Turkey that will cover fore pre existing or chronic conditions.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
We had private insurance with Turkish companies for 8 years, in Turkey and TRNC (one of them was guneş), when I went for a check over a vein issue ( came out clear), the company suddenly would not include 'circulatory system' what's the f'in point then?. Apart from the vein check we had not had a hospital visit or claim in 8 years.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom