maggie

Printer problems.
Today decided to use my printer and I am encountering the following problem.

On off button will not turn off keeps flashing ,I cannot print anything .I have unplugged from mains,usb port ,and re plugged in still the same .I have uninstalled and tried to re install printer. It keeps comming up error will not let me re install :388dd:and still the on off light is flashing.

Any suggestions losing the will to live now.!!!!!
Hugs Maggie xxxx

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Printer problems.
Make sure you don,t have a paper jam or sliver of paper caught in the rollers.

maggie

Printer problems.
Ive turned it up side down and shaken it several times dusnnt appear to have any paper stuck in it .

Hugs Maggie xx

maggie

Printer problems.
It said I had enough ink for 11 more copies before I uninstalled it now it wont let me install it at all .
Trip to the repair shop I think but do I need take my computter as well as my printer I wonder ?????
Then they can try re install it on computter for me .

Ow I hate technoligy especially when it wont work.

Hugs Maggie xx

maggie

Printer problems.
???????
Now youre confussing me .!!!

What happenned was the thingy with the cartridge went sliding across from one side to the other but sorta clunked when it hit the right side and didnt want to return.

See what I mean simpleton.!!!!

~Hugs Maggie xx

Last edited:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Printer problems.
Possibly the problem. Make sure all doors and trays are shut properly.

Must be an anorak out there somewhere who is a printer buff who can help Maggie ?

maggie

Printer problems.
Yalides thank you for trying to diagnose the problem!!!
Maybe its the scrap heap for said Printer,Copier,Scanner ow and Fax Machine .!!!This one gobbles the cartridges up anyway.Maybe I can find one that uses cheaper ink .

Are new ones that expensive in Turkey ?????

Hugs Maggie xx

Last edited:

butt007

Warren
Printer problems.
It does sound to me like a paper jam! Try putting your hand up inside were the paper goes in, sometimes a sheet gets drawn in to print.....but it does'nt print, instead the paper stops halfway round the print head and stops...So stick your fingers up!
Warren

maggie

Printer problems.
Ive stuck my fingers up where I can but cant seem to feel anything . What concerns me is why can I now not re install the printer to my computter.!!!!

Hugs Maggie xx

Diversaint

Now, an old fart!
Printer problems.
Hello Maggie,

Generally if the light is flashing and continues to flash when you re-boot, it means it is out of ink but there could be various reasons. If the carriage is stuck, it will also flash. If you still have your driver disk, try going into device manager and uninstalling the printer, it will probably be under USB devices near the bottom of the list. After uninstalling, shut down your PC and unplug the printer from the PC. Re-boot, insert disk, let it instal the drivers and then plug in printer when prompted on screen. You may have to re-boot again to complete installation. I obviously cannot guarantee this will work but without seeing it, it's hard for me to make a diagnosis.

Unfortunately, Lexmark are not the most reliable although they do have some high end all-ins that work well. I always advise my customers to replace with Epson, as they are not only very reliable (in my experience) but the compatible cartridges are much cheaper, ie, 67p for any colour. I have never had a compatible cartridge fail yet.

For anybody reading this post, I sort out PC and laptop problems in the Side area free of charge but please feel free to mail me if you have a problem.

Let me know how you get on Maggie and try to give me a bit more info.

Cheers

maggie

Printer problems.
Diversaint and Jonty.
Thank you for your advice when I bit more time Ill have a go at your suggestions.

Dont want to drive myself up the wall as out tonight on the PPPPPPP SSSSSSSS .

A happy new year to you and everyone who has tried to help.

Maybe its a case of Out with the Old in with a New printer .

Hugs Maggie xxx

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Printer problems.
Yalides thank you for trying to diagnose the problem!!!
Maybe its the scrap heap for said Printer,Copier,Scanner ow and Fax Machine .!!!This one gobbles the cartridges up anyway.Maybe I can find one that uses cheaper ink .

Are new ones that expensive in Turkey ?????

Hugs Maggie xx

I will need to upgrade soon so will be looking at prices as well.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom