DtB

Printer needs Good Home
Anybody need a basic printer, an HP Deskjet 1360, for use out here, complete with original installation disc?

The mean machine is in full working order and excellent condition, it's just that I needed to upgrade to an All-in-One so it's now surplus to my requirements.

Free to whoever can come and pick it up. Printer location is Gumusluk.

Last edited:

maggie

Printer needs Good Home
Have you thought about giving it to a school .!!!!!

Im sure they would be gratefull for something like that.

Hugs Maggie xxxx

Printer needs Good Home
Dump it! It's a terrible waste, but a person can buy a new printer for just about the same cost as new cartridges in a second hand machine.

DtB

Printer needs Good Home
Yeah you're probably right with the dumping thing.................

I always find it strange that everyone is up in arms about waste etc and yet like you say it's sometimes cheaper to buy a new machine than it is to buy the cartridges........
And what really gets on my wick is that cartridges come in a huge package with lots of placcy bits etc and then in this huge box is a poxy little cartridge.................. Long live Global Warming.....................!!!!!!!
Or is that a contradiction of terms...........???

Squeaky

Printer needs Good Home
Good evening:

I have an HP 1360 printer sitting a few feet away from me and it is a useless piece of kit in my opinion. The only thing that keeps me from throwing it in the trash can is that I have several spare cartridges on hand and the fact that new printers would cost a lot because once you buy the printer which is advertised for something like 40 or 50 TL then you immediately have to fork out almost another 100 TL for cartridges as the one provided are "demo" only and will only printed a few pages.

Fortunately I only print a few pages so will continue to fight with it until the spare cartridges are finished which might be quite some time in the future but ........

Printer ink is almost the most expensive liquid in the world - more than the best perfume or so I have read. What a rip off!!!!!

Talk about a rod for ones own back!!!!

Cheers

Squeaky

Martyn

Printer needs Good Home
They make the money on the printer inks. I have a great Multi Functional Printer and it cost only £50 at the time! The official ink costs a lot so you just buy the replical ones at a fraction. They say it isn't good for your printer but at that price you can replace the printer. I've had the printer i think about 2-3 years.

DtB

Printer needs Good Home
if you want to freecycle it, my gf would take it i'm sure ... we could collect no problem

neil

No prob. will PM you.................

Take no notice of "Squeaky" I've had no prob with the thing, it's just I need a scanner/copier when I'm out here for longer.......................

Printer needs Good Home
Are you still interested, Neil??

My gf will be back to day, will ask her then ...

Regarding refills (earlier thread), you can actually do it yourself for many brands with ink and hypodermics, same as they do with the dodgy refill cartridges, although HP is a very tricky brand to fill.

Generic inks are also not quite so sharp and getting the levels right can be difficult, so I use cheapo ink when I want to print off a book or something, and switch cartridges back to originals if i want to print something more official (CD labels / covers / certificates for my business).

DtB

Printer needs Good Home
Tkx for the info, Neil. No sweat, we're around for a while yet.........

And tkx for the tip, re the hypo's altho' at pres. I can still offset the price against income received..................

Latest Posts

Top Bottom