zozatky

Printer Ink Cartriges
getting new cartriges around here is a nightmare my canon Pixma MP 140 is very popular but difficult to find cartriges in Kusadasi.

Try this next time you are running low on ink I does work..!!! Just a tip.

Attachments

• PrinterInkSecrt_RM_Feb-09.wmv
    4.1 MB · Views: 127
Printer Ink Cartriges
Good tip Zozatky
I have the Canon MP240 and cannot get cheaper cartridges yet so they wanted £32 for both in PC World.
I took the old cartridges to a firm Inkwells in the UK that refill cartridges and they did this for £6 each so £20 saved.
You have to then override each of the cartridge,s circuits by pressing the button for each on the printer top for 10 seconds that stops it being rejected.
The printer status will still say "ink low" but it will carry on using the refilled cartridges and this trick above is another way of overriding the printer memory.
The printers own memory says they are empty and need replacing usually far earlier than necessary!!.
If you dont override the memory the printer will just refuse to work because IT thinks they are empty even though some left or its been refilled.
The manufacturers sell you a cheap printer for £50 then charge £32 for the new cartridges which is a rip off when they are quite easy to refill in the hands of someone who understands the system.
I will now save nearly £100 a year.

butt007

Warren
Printer Ink Cartriges
Absolutely brilliant tip zozatky, I never knew that, makes me want to tear my hair out for all the ink I've lost, cheers.
Warren

Printer Ink Cartriges
will it work on all cartridges...my printer is very basic...i spend a fortune of them so great if it does.

mike dj

Printer Ink Cartriges
If your at Bornova Kipa in Izmir you can buy at shop inside store. web site details Boytas dont know if they deliver ,I had 4 for an Epson printer at 10 T.L each ,in Altikum 40 T.L each . Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
Printer Ink Cartriges
I have the Canon MP240 and cannot get cheaper cartridges yet so they wanted £32 for both in PC World.
I took the old cartridges to a firm Inkwells in the UK that refill cartridges and they did this for £6 each so £20 saved.
When I'm in the UK I use Cartridge World, as I think their prices are great.

gren

Printer Ink Cartriges
will it work on all cartridges...my printer is very basic...i spend a fortune of them so great if it does.

May be better idea to buy yourself a NEW printer that resettable cartridges, then using the above tip, you will soon save so much money on cartridges that the NEW printer will have paid for itself.
Or keep losing money with your old printer..

Economics!

waterbaby

Printer Ink Cartriges
Brilliant tip, will deffinately try it once my ink is low. Lets just hope it works on my printer.

Maidmarion

Printer Ink Cartriges
Fantastic, thanks for that great information. My black is showing 'low' now so when it stops working I will do this to the cartridge. lol

Printer Ink Cartriges
My local supplier wanted 48TL for a Canon cartridge but offered to refill my old one for 10TL. Wasn't sure that it wouls work but seems OK so far, fingers crossed.

Printer Ink Cartriges
My local supplier wanted 48TL for a Canon cartridge but offered to refill my old one for 10TL. Wasn't sure that it wouls work but seems OK so far, fingers crossed.
Yep and me!!
Occasionally the cartridge case loses its electronic function and they just use another empty cartridge that works.
I had to override the printer functions by pressing each button for the b/w and colour cartridge down for 30 seconds so though it still says ink low ,it doesnt actually stop printing!!!
Cheap and saves a fortune over my £35 for two new cartridges!!!!!

Martyn

Printer Ink Cartriges
Certainly in the uk it is much cheaper to use compatible ones than original. They say that you printer won't last so long but when you work out the cost of the printer(mines about £70) it's cheaper to throw the printer away and get a new one. So far my printer is still going after a couple of years of using the non standard cartridges.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom