peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Print screen
Why can't I print screen on my lappy? .. On my PC as I remember I just press ALT & Print Screen and it works fine. It wont work on my lappy, so what am I doing wrong???:mmph:

Martyn

Print screen
PrintScrn should capture whole image and Alt + Prtscrn should capture active window. Try holding the Alt down with it.

Martyn

Print screen
Ah didn't see that. Have you used it on this laptop before? If not it might need the Function key as well. What make of laptop?

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Print screen
I think I have it now Luddenturk. It fooled me because it wont work in wordpad on my lappy whereas it does on my PC. It works fine if you open Paint and then /edit/paste.

Martyn

Print screen
Strange because Wordpad is the one application it normally works in. Use it a lot at work.:confused:

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Print screen
Why can't I print screen on my lappy? .. On my PC as I remember I just press ALT & Print Screen and it works fine. It wont work on my lappy, so what am I doing wrong???:mmph:

on my laptop i press "fn" which is at the bottom left hand side along with "insert[prt sc]" which is top right hand side... press together and it works for me

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Print screen
Do you know what lads, I have owned a PC first now a laptop for going on 14 years, but just reading the posts above has me completely lost, its like another language to me.
I have keys on my board that I have never looked at let alone used and what surprises me most is that I have never bothered to find out what they do.
That is not really surprising because I am a complete techno phobe (if thats the right expression. Like maths my mind goes a complete blank when it comes the the computer, for example at the moment the writing on my front page (I use yahoo) and on this page is massive, I have tried changing the resolution but to no avail so I just plod along as it is hoping that it will right itself!!!!!!! whilst being unable to use the smilies because they are almost off the screen.
LOL

Martyn

Print screen
Right click on your desktop - select properties - settings - then on screen resolution set it to 1024 x 768 or more, ok it what it says and you should be ok.

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Print screen
Hi Martyn

I have just done that and now its even bigger Its humungus.

See what I mean

Now I just got a message saying that I only have 7 Mins of battery left, but I am plugged in ????

Im on High performance and it says this may reduce battery life.

Oh Mummy help !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom