Prince Harry
Re: Prince harry

Are you joking? Harry is lovely, think she just wants to be as infamous as that other American Wallace Simpson.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Prince Harry

I think he is very sad, and I am not sure his wife is going to be much help. Some question if he has PTSD after his war experience, but he is still not "over" his mother's death. At a time he needs family, he is being dragged off to the wilds of Canada. His wife has severed ties with her own family, married into royalty and does not like the limelight, so now she is moving abroad and making him give up on all his friends and support. This marriage is not going to last.

Ian

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Prince Harry

At least Prince Andrew isn't walking out on the family.

Martin

bickern

Prince Harry

His wife has severed ties with her own family, married into royalty and does not like the limelight
Ian

I have to disagree, what interest did anyone have in her before her marriage?

She was unknown to most folk unless they watched suites and she was never destined for the big time. Now she wants to make the big bucks that her marriage has given her the opportunity to earn. Once free of the royal umbrella she knows she will strike it very lucrative.

jandj

Prince Harry

So, the ginger whinger and Americanus Tarticus are quitting their royal duties, no loss to the country whatsoever.

alva5763

Bodrum buddy
Prince Harry

Heard Prince Andrew was first to phone Harry saying ' thank you, thank you, thank you'.

Saoirse

Prince Harry

"Some question if he has PTSD after his war experience,"

Yeah those Xbox games can be realistic!

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Prince Harry

I know what he’s going through, I went to hell & back over my monster in law meddling in our marriage. Unfortunately my finances only afforded me to move from Skegness back to Birmingham but looking back, the woman couldn’t drive so it must’ve felt like Canada to her. It sure did to me.

shash

shash
Prince Harry

Prince Harry is a lovely guy who has married a lovely girl. The crap that young man has had to endure from all the anti royalists and the inevitable trolls is a monumental disgrace but no surprise because most people have such sad lives and find it easy to mock or disparage this super guy. He never asked to be where he is and in my opinion has made the right choice. The British trolls and hounds should be ashamed of themselves and find something better to do. The British are so good at knocking people off the pedestal but sadly it only shows what a sad bunch of people they are.
After what that lad has had to endure I hope he finds solace with his new family and keeps far away from the nasty media and ordinary folk who show themselves to be beyond mean, sad and plain nasty.
He has done some brilliant work over the years and keeps up some of his mother's legacies which cannot be easy.
I personally wish him and his family every success and admire his move.

bickern

Prince Harry

How does the Sovereign Grant exchange work?
In the 2018-2019 fiscal report, Her Majesty The Queen surrendered approximately £329 million from the Crown Estate to the government. In exchange for this contribution, in return, the government granted the sovereign approximately £82 million to cover the costs for official expenditure. This constitutes the Sovereign Grant. Further detail as stated on gov.uk can be found below:

“The Sovereign Grant Act 2011 came into effect on 1 April 2012. It sets the single grant supporting the monarch’s official business, enabling The Queen to discharge her duties as Head of State. It meets the central staff costs and running expenses of Her Majesty’s official household – such things as official receptions, investitures, garden parties and so on. It also covers maintenance of the Royal Palaces in England and the cost of travel to carry out royal engagements such as opening buildings and other royal visits.”

“In exchange for this public support, The Queen surrenders the revenue from The Crown Estate to the government which for 2017-18 was £329.4 million. The Sovereign Grant for 2019-20 is £82.4 million which is 25% of £329.4 million.”

“It was announced in November 2019 that the Sovereign Grant for 2020-21 will be £85.9 million. This is 25% of The Crown Estate’s revenue surplus in 2018-19 which was £343.5 million.”

It is worth noting that an annual grant of approximately £30 million has been added to the above figure for the 10 year re-servicing plan of Buckingham Palace, bringing the sum to £85.9 million.

https://sussexroyal.com/funding/

Last edited:

navarro

navarro
Prince Harry

With all of the derogatory comments made in the Uk press and on here about the couple, I don't blame them for wanting to get away from it all. After all, when before was a royal baby referred to as a 'sprog'.

Leave them alone to get on with their lives, if the marriage lasts it lasts, if they are both happy, leave them alone to enjoy it.

Prince Harry

Prince Harry is a lovely guy who has married a lovely girl. The crap that young man has had to endure from all the anti royalists and the inevitable trolls is a monumental disgrace but no surprise because most people have such sad lives and find it easy to mock or disparage this super guy. He never asked to be where he is and in my opinion has made the right choice. The British trolls and hounds should be ashamed of themselves and find something better to do. The British are so good at knocking people off the pedestal but sadly it only shows what a sad bunch of people they are.
After what that lad has had to endure I hope he finds solace with his new family and keeps far away from the nasty media and ordinary folk who show themselves to be beyond mean, sad and plain nasty.
He has done some brilliant work over the years and keeps up some of his mother's legacies which cannot be easy.
I personally wish him and his family every success and admire his move.

I am absolutely against the institution of royalty so I don't generally waste any time reading about them. With regard to Harry, the decision to go "independent" would have had more meaning for me if he had done this a few years ago whilst he was jollying it up at the various extortionate clubs he used to frequent. They like the money but the attention is part and parcel of the wage packet - same as rock stars, movie stars etc. Funnily enough, i have watched a couple of episodes of "The Crown" which I thoroughly enjoyed from a drama and historical perspective but if in any way accurate then it just shows what "hard work " they do lol. Come on !

Latest Posts

Top Bottom