Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Price of sacrificial animals tripled before Eid al-Adha

Price of sacrificial animals tripled before Eid al-Adha​

Extract:
Within the scope of preparations for Eid al-Adha, the first animal market in Istanbul has been created in the Arnavutköy district, with prices of the sacrificial animals doubling and tripling compared to last year.

Eid al-Adha, which will be celebrated in Türkiye between July 9 and 12, is an official Islamic holiday honoring the willingness of Prophet Abraham to sacrifice his son Ismail as an act of obedience to God.

Visiting and buying a sacrificial animal from an animal market is a tradition, but the prices will not make many happy.

Jaycey

African Refugee
I can’t describe how I feel when I see these poor creatures on a pickup truck being carried to their deaths. How can ordinary people carry out or even watch them being crudely slaughtered with an axe or some such implement?

Muslim law OK but not halal & to me just plain barbaric. o_O

Am I alone in this?

MJL

I can’t describe how I feel when I see these poor creatures on a pickup truck being carried to their deaths. How can ordinary people carry out or even watch them being crudely slaughtered with an axe or some such implement?

Muslim law OK but not halal & to me just plain barbaric. o_O

Am I alone in this?
I don’t agree with halal meat, but have no choice living in Turkey now. As fo the way they are slaughtered as long as it’s quick I’m not bothered. One year we had two turkeys given to us for Christmas, they were still warm when they arrived, we just had to dress them ourselves. (No tuxedo or cocktail gown!😂)

enoch

How ethical is it to make additional money out of people's religous occasions? Been doing it for Christmas for decades.
This has nothing to do with halal. But money the local private hospital normal charge lira now all the Ukrainians and Russians have come it's changed to euros. I need tests done because the devlet cannot do them in alanya. I called them theives last week and walk out.

Top Bottom