val2661

Price Of Net Curtains
Today I went into TAC on 25 Metre Street in Alanya to get prices for voile/net curtains for my new house. I was quoted 1750 YTL for 3 windows!! They are 2 metre wide patio windows. I was under the impression that TAC was not too expensive, but for sheer curtains I thought that was exorbitant. Does anyone know of a decent textile shop where I can buy the material so that I can make them myself.

Thanks - Val

pldouglas

Price Of Net Curtains
i should go back to the store and try again because that clearly isn't right. I have never attempted to make anything out of fabric myself, but a friend who is a whizz with the sewing machine said that voile curtains she made for her daughter turned out to be more difficult to make than her wedding dress!

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
Price Of Net Curtains
Try your local market - they often get seconds or oddments from posh curtain factories.

Failing that get a pal to bring over some fom the UK. Our local Rosebys are selling 90'' drop vo─▒les for a fiver each in the sale:)

jcrian

Price Of Net Curtains
My wife looked in the market at Koycegiz a week ago and they were selling voiles for 10ytl each.The only problem they weren't all exactly the same length so she has decided to buy the material and make them herself.

val2661

Price Of Net Curtains
The fabric is 35 YTL a metre and when I got home I worked out the material cost at 525 YTL! I know I'd have to pay something for making up but not that much. Originally I asked for the price of sliding blinds, but that quote was 3000 YTL. I did ask her if the coloured thread in the material was gold!! The lady in the shop spoke very good English and wrote the costs down. I've made curtains before but never voiles, but I'm going to have to try as I have 15 windows in my new place! Peaceplant, I've never seen any fabric stalls on my local market at Avsallar or in Alanya, will have to start going into the smaller textile shops. Thanks for all your advice everyone.

Price Of Net Curtains
there is a good material shop on the street up from the Ak Bank..not the material shop that is almost next door..walk up a few metres..its on the right hand side...next door to a shop selling kids clothes prams etc
From the outside it looks small...but its quite big inside....they have all sorts of material..and they also make stuff up. We used to get all our table cloths,upholstery etc from them..and do a bit of haggling..ive bought loads of dress material from them too and always been pleased.
if you dont like them walk up a bit further and theres another shop that sells the same stuff and will probably make curtains up too.

Price Of Net Curtains
Sorry I cant remember where in Alanya we got our curtains made, they were quite expensive but for the price they came to the house and measured up and came back and fitted them including all the rails, fittings etc, it might be worth checking that they are not charging for all that as well.

Mind you they were excellent quality and would have cost a hell of a lot more at home.

Sorry cant be more help

jane

val2661

Price Of Net Curtains
Thanks Shirley, I'll try those textile shops when I'm next in Alanya. I just went into panic mode when I was quoted that price for 3 windows as I have another 2 patio windows plus 10 smaller windows to curtain as well. The lady in the shop was very nice, she even offered to take me to furniture shops. I really think she thought I was an easy target, which I'm definitely not!!

Val

claire1976

Price Of Net Curtains
I know this might not help but in Dalaman I had 3 windows and 2 patio doors measured and fitted with lining curtains and an over voile for around 400 ytl.
They were measured, made and fitted within 24 hours!

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Price Of Net Curtains
Can you remember where in Dalaman as im going over in september and i need to get curtains for my house.

Jeannie

val2661

Price Of Net Curtains
Claire that sounds just like the sort of prices I was looking for. I wont be moving for a couple of months so I'll just keep looking. Val

claire1976

Price Of Net Curtains
I can't remember the name of the shop but as you go down the main high street from the roundabout it's about half way down on your right hand side. Only a small shop that just does curtains and blinds.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom