ted j

Price of a pint of EFES in Surrey ?
A pint of draft Efes was 12 lira this dinnertime (£2.72)
It was £2.40 three years ago before we moved in the UK near Manchester

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
4 years ago when I tested trad. Beers I was paying £2.50. Many years ago when I first started out pubbing and clubbing my dad always equated the number of pints to hours worked, at 18 it was about 5.5 pints per hour worked, the kids of today are around 2 pints to an hour worked.
Does that make me lucky or unlucky ?

Martin

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
We get a special price for our Efes here in Side as we are here 6 months of every year ... 10 TL. If you are lucky, you could pay that price as standard - but in very few bars here any more - the norm is 15 to 18 TL for an Efes.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I certainly wouldn't pay £4 for Efes.

But this invoice is for the recent Mods Graduation ceremony held in Bodrum all on expenses of course.

BODRUM PRICES.jpg

Martin

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
.. and a good time was had by all. Cheers lads. Good job it was Saorise's turn for the 10% tip.

Last edited:
I think we have the Cheapest Efes albeit we're in Bulgaria.

On the Bulgarian side of the Lesovo Border Crossing, we pay 1.80 leva, approx. 0.90p in UK terms.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
When I first came to turkey in 1983 you could buy five bottles (50cl) for the equivalent of £1 from the bakkal (there were no supermarkets then). It was 500TL to £1 and a beer cost 100TL.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
When I first came to Turkey 30 odd years ago , efes was shyte , it still is , even for free .

The Surrey prices quoted in the op are about right , but many are in excess of £5 for premium lagers and beers , Stella is dying out since they dropped the alc % .

Steve

Saoirse

Yesterday was weekly offers day here in our village " Thirsty Thursdays" Draught lager €1.30, Draught Guinness Strongbow Cider €1.50

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Lunch in the Sportsman at Hayfield, pint of thwaites £3.20 followed by a pint of wainwrights at £3.60.

Genuinely quality northern ale

Martin

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Lunch in the Sportsman at Hayfield, pint of thwaites £3.20 followed by a pint of wainwrights at £3.60.

Genuinely quality northern ale

Martin

I agree with you on the Thwaites, can we have some for the next mods' bash please?

enoch

I will stick to Frosty Jack £3.95 for 3 ltr .Only when in the uk i miss it so much'

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Frosty jack , tennants purple and emva cream sherry in equal thirds , Kings Cross " scarlet " special cocktail .

Steve

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
A friend who lives in Essex posted this on facebook advertising a pub that was reopening, ridiculous prices in my opinion but then I took a closer look and it turns out it isnt in the land of white Range Rover Evoques and orange spray tans, its actually The Crow in Sheffield, flat caps, whippets and very deep pockets and short arms land.

GUEST ALES.jpg

Martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom