bebs

Price hike
Just had e mail from estate agents to inform us maintenance fees have doubled to £900 pounds this year without mini-bus service . Have other members experienced these hikes?....................... Bebs

de1amo

Price hike
i just heard that a uk broad sheet on sunday rated turkey as the highest inflatory destination where brits choose to go--dont ask me details it was a comment from a friend on another forum in the uk who was looking to escape britain.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Price hike
Bebs, that was one of the reasons we decided to sell up. It will never come down only go up. We couldn't afford to keep 2 houses on the go.
I just wish we had bought privately, but it's the old saying "if i knew then what i know now"

Jeannie

bebs

Price hike
Thanks folks could understand up to 10% but think this increase is astronomical............Bebs

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Price hike
How big is your complex, what facilites and grounds do you have? That's astronomical...never heard of such high fees.

Tess

Price hike
Bebs that does sound a bit extreme, fees doubling. Small increase perhaps but think that is a bit tooooo much. How do they justify what they are asking ?? Less it seems if the mini bus service is not in play.

bebs

Price hike
How big is your complex, what facilites and grounds do you have? That's astronomical...never heard of such high fees.
Hi Lynsey ,its not a huge complex 12 bungalows, some villas and apartments ,
open plan garden ,shared swimming pool and 24 hour security plus mini-bus service ................ Bebs

bebs

Price hike
Bebs that does sound a bit extreme, fees doubling. Small increase perhaps but think that is a bit tooooo much. How do they justify what they are asking ?? Less it seems if the mini bus service is not in play.
Hi Tess, they say company running at a loss, water, electricity,chemicals have all increased plus staff wages. Have also said if all residents agree, we can form company and take over management ourselves.,
Bebs

juco

Price hike
Unless you know where and on what say the previous years fees were spent on you will go nowhere fast! You MUST get a complete breakdown of last years spend, every last detail and not just some fiqures scribbled on a bit of paper. You also need the support of others on the complex a lone fighter will be shot down in flames.

bebs

Price hike
Hi Martin, no havnt seen accounts yet . We go over in May, so id imagine there will be a meeting then as lots of people are there on holidays that time..................Bebs

Saoirse

Price hike
Having previously been on a small complex 6 appts and now in my own place I was amazed in comparison how much you are ripped off for pool costs etc on a complex compared to sorting your pool garden etc yourself

juco

Price hike
Hi Martin, no havnt seen accounts yet . We go over in May, so id imagine there will be a meeting then as lots of people are there on holidays that time..................Bebs

Big mistake! Dont imagine anything, assume nothing. They have a habit of having meetings when there are less people around then when you come out it has been sorted for the following year.

Try and muster support (email) amongst the other residents now, if they are contactable.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Price hike

Hi bebs

you really need to anounce an agm or xgm prior to going, and hold it while a good number of you are there, setting out an agenda well before you go, and maybe taking proxie votes from people who cant be there

ask for a copy of the accounts immediately, you have the right to see them, it wil help you set an agenda as you can get price comparisons from others on this forum.

might be worth getting some help off celtic or another lawyer as to the exact way to go about it

martin

bebs

Price hike
Have only one contact over there , an English couple who kindly keep an eye on house for us ,they dont have a computer and their mobile keeps giving a busy signal. They will be informed about this increase by post, so i know they will ring then ,they are very good at letting me know if there are any problems ,thanks again folks................Bebs

akbukowl

Price hike

and in my experience you won't see any accounts if they have any that is

Price hike
The others are quite right!!
A meeting was held on our complex in December to elect the chairman for the coming year.The Turks had arranged it amongst themselves and we only found out about it from another English couple who were concerned others didnt know!!
We have no official contract of whats being done ,who has paid or when!
As for ACCOUNTS thats pie in the sky too!!
Some have paid a sum to an "official" from the builders who just turned up one day and asked for the annual amount, others werent approached at all and it was a complete mess!!

A few of us English people have got together via email to sort it as we start to pay from October 2010 after a free maintenance 5yr period which was also denied until we produced an email from our agents in black and white!!!

Our estimated monthly charge is around £25 for a 32 apartment complex with gardens,pool and a maintenance man!!
The dolmus stops at the end of our road so stuff paying for a minibus service!!

I think £900 ,i.e £75 a month for what you describe is daylight robbery and you need to fight this together!!
The only way is to join with like minded owners,discuss it and make your feelings known by looking at alternatives asap.
A complex down the road from us were faced with similar and revolted en masse by refusing to pay!!
I think in the past owners have laid down and blandly accepted whatever is said to them but in these days of a recession and shortage of funds, people just cant afford to lay out nearly a grand every year for a holiday home as well as insurance and various rates on top of keeping their main UK home going!!
Best of luck Bebs and if we had to pay that sum, it wouldnt be worth keeping it for us with a mere 2 or 3 visits a year!!
Let us know how you get on as this maintenance issue is becoming the bane of our lives and of interest to most of us!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom