lewismark

Just a member
Price haggleing
We have all, or most of us, obviously had an experience of buying not just property but everyday items or even larger items like furniture, it may be interesting to see who enjoys the haggleing/bartering and how long you will haggle/barter for and how much you have driven down he price, and on what?

spanner

Price haggleing
Dishwasher from 700ytl to 500ytl he would not go further, then got my turkish friend to ring up and got it for 400ytl.

Andy

Price haggleing
Never Haggled in Turkey i don't like it
so i always pay the top wack.

g&t

gary & tracy
Price haggleing
my son wanted an la lakers basketball kit on our recent visit to kusadasi, but I had major problems finding one in his size, when eventually I did the shop owner wanted 120tl for it, stuck to my guns and walked out paying 45tl with the promise of a box of cleanex on my next visit (i broke the shopkeepers heart apparently) all part of the fun in turkey

lewismark

Just a member
Price haggleing
It is common tradition as well in Turkey that when you have purchased from a shop they give you a present, but this you have to ask for.
They will then offer you something in the shop of little value of course for free. So next time you buy something of a resonable value ask for your present.

GarryP

Price haggleing
Forget the useless present, give me a better price instead!!

There is a lot of room for negotation but always get a couple of prices from other shops, they can vary significantly.

Generally speaking, once you have found a shop offering good prices, keep going back there as they will value your custom and continuing to give you their best price.

thurstan

Price haggleing
andy chapman said:
Never Haggled in Turkey i don't like it
so i always pay the top wack.

so long as you are happy with the price you paid that shouldnt be a problem

(or your just very rich LOL)

I normally work on the basis of paying between a third and a half (but sometines come home with nothing)

eileen

Price haggleing
u should always half what ever they say mind thats only on market keep hagling its fun

Price haggleing
I ask how mutch they want then if they say 10 pounds i say naff off they then normmaly say okey okey give me 9 pounds i say naff off they then normally say give me 8 pounds i say naff off they normally then say something i do not understand and walk away .
so i say okey i give you 9 pounds it works most times .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom