littledave

littledave
prezzie for turkish friend?
hi we are off to turkland next week and in need of an idea of what to get our very helpful turkish freind whom has just married.. someone told me it cannot be gold.... has any one got any ideas..pls

Firebrand

Re: prezzie for turkish freind?

Really? Did the person tell you why? I was just about to suggest gold, especially bracelets for the wife - it is what we normally buy. But it would have to be Turkish gold, rather than bought from Britain.

littledave

littledave
hi firebrand, i was told only family and close freinds buy gold.. apparantly gold is personal.. so i was told by a turkish lady...

Tess

:clap: Hi Littledave, I'm sure your friend would be grateful for any present, why don't you wait until you go over and see what they really need for their home etc. You don't say how much you want to spend, but if you were going to spend a fair amount perhaps when you get there you may find there is an electrical item they could do with or need replacing, that might be another option. Hope you get it sorted!!

Firebrand

Ah, ok. I think perhaps we have only tended to buy bracelets for close friends. Those little gold medallions seem to get used a lot in various celebrations.

Where we attend weddings it is usual to give cash (I suspect that may be different if you don't actually attend though). The last one we went to there was an MC who announced to the room who you were and how much you'd given!

People that come to our house tend to bring a wide variety of presents, but usually with a fair amount of bling. A nice set of glasses or glassware tends to be favourite.

hi we are off to turkland next week and in need of an idea of what to get our very helpful turkish freind whom has just married.. someone told me it cannot be gold.... has any one got any ideas..pls

Hi Dave

We often take pressies for our neighbour who is always around to help. Last year we bought him a digital camera, this year we are taking out a set of garden solar lights for his garden. I]We haven't seen solar lights in the Dalaman area so are looking forward to seeng his face next week when we give them to him! Another advantage is that if bougt in a box as a packed set, they can be taken as hand luggage so they are guaranteed not to get damaged, and weigh next to nothing!(Also a lot cheaper than gold!!!)

Hope this helps

Karen

Firebrand

Solar lights is a good idea. Every time my husband goes over to Turkey to see family he takes a suitcase full of wind up torches, solar power gizmos, etc

If the chap drinks, maybe a bottle of scotch?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom