mollag

Kipper restorer
President Biden??
Sleepy Joe it is now, arriving in style while Trump leaves disgraced, I couldnt be happier.

Jaycey

African Refugee
President Biden??
The Trump thread may be dead but his legacy lives on...

TIME.jpg
...he also left a parting reminder of the political power he hopes to wield even after he leaves the White House, “As I prepare to hand power over to a new administration at noon on Wednesday,” Trump said, “I want you to know that the movement we started is only just beginning.” —Tessa Berenson

Jaycey

African Refugee
President Biden??
CNN.jpg
“President Joe Biden isn’t wasting any time in purging the memory of Donald Trump from America’s government, values, diplomacy and psyche.

Every act of Biden’s first day in power repudiates the last four years — from an inaugural address that promised to “defend the truth” and stressed healing over “American carnage” to a blitz of executive orders…

After an interminable two-and-a-half month transition, the transfer of presidential power is brutal and swift. No sooner had Air Force One lifted off to carry Trump to his Elba on the Florida coast (to the final bars of Frank Sinatra’s “My Way”) than Biden became POTUS, claimed the presidential "Beast" limousine and Oval Office, and got to work.

From his first moments in office, it was clear that things were very different.

The 46th President paused in his inaugural address to pray for the more than 400,000 people in America who have been killed by Covid-19 -- a sign that the days of ignoring the coronavirus’s threat were over. He went to Arlington National Cemetery with Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama, reconvening the club of past presidents in a show of respect for his office.

Installed behind the Resolute desk, Biden signed 17 executive orders that represent the start of an aggressive plan to unpick the Trump presidency. With a stroke of the pen, the US headed back into the Paris climate accord and the World Health Organization, and rescinded a ban on travelers from mostly Muslim nations. Biden wore a mask in the Oval Office and mandated face coverings in all US federal buildings.

Of course, it’s easy to reset the tone and sign executive orders. To make real progress, he will have to pass legislation in a tightly divided Congress. And millions of Trump fans still wrongly think he stole the election. But to quote another one of Biden’s favorite Irish poets one last time, Wednesday was about showing everything has “changed, changed utterly.”

Politicus.jpg

Democrats Officially Take Control Of The Senate As Ossoff, Padilla, And Warnock Are Sworn In

Chuck Schumer will give his first speech as majority leader today and alerted Senators that there might be a vote as soon as tonight.

As big as Biden’s win was for the country, the Democrats taking control of the Senate will likely yield immediate results for the American people. Democrats are in charge now. The Senate as a 50/50 split is not always going to be easier, but so many more doors are open to progress that would have been slammed shut if Mitch McConnell kept the Senate majority…

SLEEPY

President Biden??
Joe Biden says Donald Trump left him a ‘very generous’ note, although for some reason it was smeared on the Oval Office wall in an unspecified brown substance.

Jaycey

African Refugee
President Biden??
Boris Johnson promises fresh method of obsequious arse-licking towards Biden administration..

“The Prime Minister has stated it was time to move beyond the toadying he displayed for Donald Trump and that he was keen to grovel pathetically for a brand new president so as to maintain the cringe-inducing servility that the UK somehow thinks is a foreign policy…

President Biden??
Its not the here and now for President Biden, its 6 or 12 months down the line that counts.
Anything he chooses to implement will take time to hit the streets, he like all current leaders have the hardest task they'll ever need to face......Covid. Heard him say that the US can expect to reach the 500,000 death toll next month, terrible.

Chasey

President Biden??
So far so good but jeeeeezzz USA, why put forward such an old man.

A 5 min conversation with my old dad would convince most people there's an age limit to being in command of the free world and arguably the most powerful forces of war and destruction on this earth

I mean, can he operate a mobile phone?

Id have voted for a cardboard box over the orange a tan, but id defo have preferred a younger cardboard box

Kalkan regular

The Golden Girls
President Biden??
My dad at 78 was sharp, clever, wise, had a good moral compass and judgement and had learned a lot of things through his life and still had another 16 years of living to do. I'd have voted for him to be President (except he wasn't American!). Biden is steeped in the Capitol and how it works which has to be essential given the bad handover they were given.

78 isn't the same for everyone.

Camden

President Biden??
If American Biden wouldn't be my choice, not progressive enough, but maybe the right man for the time ... and better than the alternative that has gone.

Jaycey

African Refugee
President Biden??
So far so good but jeeeeezzz USA, why put forward such an old man.
Only 78?
I've got a few good years on him and I can still use a cellphone, speak 6 languages, use Excel pivot tables and even count to ten without slurring!
Just a pity I'm not American :(

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
President Biden??
Inevitably they set the hare running by gunning for Trump, but now the same tactics are being aimed at Pres. Biden.

Headlines on Bloomberg:

‘Dark Money’ Helped Pave Joe Biden’s Path to the White House​

You can see where this is going; it will mire his presidency and all the muck they thought was well and truly swept under the carpet concerning his son is going to be dragged out.

American politics is a messy business. More accurately, all politics is a messy business, but some manage to hide it better than others.

Ian

Jaycey

African Refugee
President Biden??

Donations from anonymous sources? If anonymous then how can anyone claim they came from questionable sources? Seems Trumpeters are already spreading their propaganda.

Have we forgotten that Trump’s own campaign donations were looted for the benefit of Trump, family & friends?

And back to Hunter again! I’ve seen nothing to say that he is part of the new administration or that he has committed any malfeasance - the Ukraine conspiracy was well debunked. Just another attempted Trumpeter smear campaign.

Biden is no Trump – he’s making all the right moves and hasn’t played golf once since taking office!

Meanwhile:

Politicus.jpg

Republicans Side With COVID And Plan To Sue Biden Over Masks

Biden has called mask wearing a patriotic act. If this is true, the Republican position is to remain the anti-America party. One does not have the personal liberty to make others sick or kill them through their refusal to wear a mask. A person who does not wear a mask infringes on the personal liberty of others.

Donald Trump is gone, but nothing has changed within the Republican Party. Republicans aren’t going to change their attitude and work for the good of the country.

Jaycey

African Refugee
President Biden??
Politicus.jpg

biden.jpg

Joe Biden Has Erased Much Of Trump’s Presidency In Less Than A Week

In less than a week, President Biden has erased most of the policies of Donald Trump’s failed presidency.

The latest to bite the dust was Trump’s transgender military ban.

President Biden has done more good for the country in less than a week than Trump did in four years. The Trump presidency, and its many bad policies and mistakes, are systemically being reversed. The transgender military ban was a cynical attempt to pander to far-right evangelicals.

Biden has killed the border wall, rejoined the Paris Climate Accords, and WHO ended Trump’s immigration policies, gotten rid of the Muslim ban, reversed Trump’s attack on the ACA, and moved to reunite separated children with their families. President Biden is also repairing the US relationships with allies, and is working to restore nuclear treaties that Trump pulled the US out of.

Trump’s meager presidency by executive order has been mostly undone. Joe Biden has brought real governance back to the American people.

So much for 'Sleepy' Joe !

Jaycey

African Refugee
President Biden??
Guardian.jpg
The impeachment trial of Donald Trump “has to happen”, Joe Biden told CNN on Monday...

The US House on Monday delivered its article of impeachment against Trump to the Senate, setting the stage for Trump’s second impeachment trial and the first ever Senate trial of a former US president...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom