ceemac

Shake It Baby...
PowerPoint
Does anyone know how to embed a short video into a PowerPoint presentation?

Tks

C

M

Mack

PowerPoint
Hi C, in MS Office 2007 just click INSERT on the top menu then the Movies button:-

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 2

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
PowerPoint
Hi C, in MS Office 2007 just click INSERT on the top menu then the Movies button:-

The problem is I haven't got this saved in my computer and I don't know how to as the site it's on only gives me the option to email or provide a link to their site

I suppose I really need it on my disk before I can insert it into powerpoint slide?

C

M

Mack

PowerPoint
Ah, yes, you will need it on your PC as the powerpoint file will embed the video inside when you save it, you can use a freeware program like Media Catcher to record the video to your hard disk, you can get it HERE, or google for it.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
PowerPoint
Wouldn't mind taking a look at that Mack. Can you upload it to somewhere that I don't have to register first?

M

Mack

PowerPoint
Just to save my bandwidth PTP, if you google for "media catcher download" theres plenty of places to download it from.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
PowerPoint
Back again Mack. I managed to capture the file using what you suggested but it's a strange file ext called .xferd which I cannot play. Any ideas?

C

M

Mack

PowerPoint
?? Mmm, OK, it should be saving them as .flv (flash video) a .xfred sounds like an incomplete transferred file, maybe you can just rename it to .flv on the end instead of .xfred and see if it will play.

Another great tool to change any media (video or audio) file to a different format is format factory, i use it all the time, very handy to change for example web video downloads (.flv) to .avi or .wmv, very quick and easy. Again you can download HERE or google for it :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom