JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
power cut
Just had a power cut here, but it went back on quick ly. Daughter up the road is still in darkness, so it does not just happen in Turkey lol. Weather is atrocious here.

Jeannie

Harem

I've cliqued
power cut
My friend lives near Deal in Kent and she tells me that they often have long power cuts.

Tess

power cut
Weather absolutely atrocious here too Jeannie, but thankfully no power cuts yet. We have had heavy rain through the night I wakened several times and it was chucking it down, today has been same on and off, oh the joys of winter, personally I hate winter and the dark evenings and cold weather. I really was born in the wrong area, I am a heat and light and bright weather person, feel so so so much more alive and healthy in the light than the dark and dreary. Hope you get no further cuts this evening Jeannie.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
power cut
The wind is gale force here now. Just been out to walk our Monty and it nearly had me off my legs (the wind, lol). I am with you Tess, I'm a sunny person too, but in these long dreary winter nights I try and keep positive and look forward to the 21st Dec for the shortest daylight day. I expect Blackpool Lummies are in the sea tonight, it's that rough.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
power cut
Daughters electric went back on , Victor had to go up with a lighter for their candle cos none of the two of them smoke {unlike me}. lol

Jeannie

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
power cut
All the lights which are up for the switching on of the Blackpool illuminations, think it is this month they are switched on. :love::love:

Yea off they go on November 8th Sharon. It's an all year round job for the leccies tho' takes them months to take them all down, only to pu them all back up again, lol!!!

Tess

power cut
Ahh Lesley, the last holiday we had as a family, I was 16, Mum, Dad and my sis, we went to Blackpool.
Big thing in those days and it was a big step for us as we went to the Isle of Man every year since I could remember, we had a fab time. I marvelled at the Pleasure Beach, we had a ball.
(that was 31yrs ago OUCH!!! Scary stuff)

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
power cut
Lol, I'm originally from Cumbria, met my now husband when I was 15!! 38 years ago,he was 18, lol, he is from Thornton/Cleveleys near Blackpool, I'd never been to Blackpool and I remember how I marvelled at the towns, then magic, now sadly it's the pits, only go into town when I have to and it's full of trouble with rowdy Hen and Stag parties at week-ends. But families still come in their droves to see the wonderful show that is the Lummies.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
power cut
Thankyou girls for explaining about the Lummies, have seen em, our bike club has a run through Blackpool every September, we stay at Pontins for the weekend, usually about 600 of us. Blackpool is very kind to us. Although in parts Blackpool appears as very tacky i find there are good bars and restaurants. Seeing the trams, the light etc makes for a smashing weekend.

Thanks girls, Thanks Blackpool.

Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom