Pot calling the kettle.....
i was waiting for yer to get yer teeth in this one...the hypocrisy of these men beggars belief...Tony blair should be tried inthe Hague for war crimes. İraq is still in shattered,like Humpty Dumpty it will never be put back together again.

PASH

To come slightly to John Majors defence, he at least went to war with Iraq to free a soveriegn nation (Kuwait) from invasion - Tony Balir went to war because he thought it would make him a world wide statesman - How wrong could this man get it - he is nothing more than a war criminal.

Saoirse

dont know where to start with this one!

How in the name of god as he told us was Major getting rid of tyranny in pushing iraq out of Kuwait when its one of the most brutal regimes on earth!

and secondly given his track record Major cant really be taken seriously in the honesty and integrity stakes! (Edwina)

PASH

I am not judging his morals with Edwina, personally i think the man deserves a bravery award there but ..... regarding Kuwait, fully justified as he had full backing of the UN at the time. Tony Blair had to continually go back to the UN till they passed a minor resolution which he felt gave him the green light to bomb the hell out of innocent Iraqi's along with his brain dead American friend bush (hope this is assisting in livening up your night!!!!)

Saoirse

but I dont get it

If its about upholding freedom etc why would they protect such a brutal dictatorship like Kuwait??????

Saoirse

exactly

oil and western puppet

all this crap about defending against evil dictators is total bull

juco

The government has succeeded again, they give you a set of circumstances to keep you debating and discussing so that you don’t focus on the main reasons eg was Blair correct or not, and now Major enters the arena (that’s probably for Camerons benefit), this gets even more debate. It doesn’t matter who is/was in power as their main concern is to get into war and prolong any war for as long as possible as this is where the money is made. It is not wise from a governments perspective to have a quick war.

Even if Bush and Blair had not been around the war was going to happen anyway heads of governments are only there to get the necessary elements in place to create the situation. As in 911!

Why did Thatcher go to war with Argentina? That’s also an interesting story.

PASH

[QUOTE
Why did Thatcher go to war with Argentina? That’s also an interesting story.[/QUOTE]

Thats not interesting - thats obvious! It was after all British soveriegn territory!

juco

thats obvious! It was after all British soveriegn territory!

Like the war on Iraq they put out info that they wanted you to believe it was nothing to do with British soveriegn territory that was the excuse.

PASH

Like the war on Iraq they put out info that they wanted you to believe it was nothing to do with British soveriegn territory that was the excuse.

Well we will agree to disagree, i was in the Falklands with the Scots Guards and we featured heavily at Tumbledown where i lost quite a few good men. I never heard a single soldier even questioning why we were there, the same could not be said of Iraq and Afganistan.

PASH

A fair point Philip but believe me, even us mere mortals in the army do have an opinion and are allowed to make it without fear of being hung, drawn and quartered. When i sit down with current members of the armed forces, they voice there concerns in no uncertain terms, this was never the case in the Falklands, we were united to the man!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
But they aren't paid to question anything
just do the bidding of the govt of the day[/QUOTE

But also sad for our lads and lassies out there in Afghanistan, etc;, and for what. Our Queen and Government's glory. These lads and lasses, we know join our HM Forces for their country, but I cannot get my head around why we're there right now.

Last edited:

juco

Well we will agree to disagree, i was in the Falklands with the Scots Guards and we featured heavily at Tumbledown where i lost quite a few good men. I never heard a single soldier even questioning why we were there, the same could not be said of Iraq and Afganistan.

I agree entirely with what you are saying. But I do question the real reasons why the government of the day went to war, like it or not the forces are just pawns acting for the government regardless of wether they are correct or not. I do not make that statement in an uncaring manner as I have a son in the RAF who has done 7 tours of duty in Iraq.

Saoirse

Well you were there I wasn't so I take your word on it
My point is thesedays are no longer 1939 with the Bosh at the door
Anyone who signs up thesedays isn't solely doing so to defend their country they are agreeing also to be the cannon fodder for any crackpot adventure the govt of the day decides to embark upon

PASH

So anyone that has signed up to serve their country since 1945 is doing so only to be canon fodder?? So without the canon fodder, we would be where? I dread to think and personally i think its a bit uncharitable to all the men and women who have lost their lives since from Ireland to Afganistan. Well, never one to get angered by anothers beliefs!:mad2:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom