beerlady

postal charges
I have just been to the Dalyan post office to pick up a parcel from England, it costs £40 to send it, it has been opened, and then I had to pay Dalyan post office 2 lira, before they gave it to me, does anyone know what that is for

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
postal charges
Yes, if it's been opened, Turkish Customs have probably had a look inside it and the 2TL charge is for the admin cost from the PTT.

escapee

postal charges
I received 2 small (unopened) parcels a couple of weeks ago here in Side, I had to pay the postman 5tl before I could have them. No idea why as the guy spoke no English. Received a jiffy bag the day before and it cost me nothing!! Must be somekind of handling charge for parcels!!

escapee

postal charges
yeah the guy gave me an official receipt for it so i didn't argue, mind you i'd rather pay the 5tl than what my friends paid for postage at their end lol

Martyn

postal charges
kkob was replying, very helpfully, to Escapee why would you find that
patronising??

That's correct and Escapee had already stated the person couldn't speak English and that in turn meant that he(Escapee) couldn't speak Turkish.

escapee

postal charges
I certainly wasn't offended as the whole idea of the site is to help each other whether it be with the language or something else. I do speak a little turkish but certainly not enough to understand an explaination of why there was a charge. I have heard of a few people who have been charged for receiving parcels, it would be interesting to know why some are and some aren't.

beerlady

postal charges
thanks for replies, thought I was being ripped off again. On a different note, took car to repair shop by roundabout as you go out of Dalyan towards Ortaca, because alternator wasn't working, the man said he didn't know how much it would cost as he had to order new one, so we trusted him and he charged us 420 lira, I don't know anything about costs for repairs but have been told by several people that do that this cost was high, so won't go there again.

janA

postal charges
Our post goes to the local shop as we live in a small village. Our neighbour dropped off a parcel for us the other day as he was passing. No charge there either.

dstearn

postal charges
I live in the same road as beer lady & have never been charged for anything. Our postman regularly delivers to the house. Only one was ever opened, in Fethiye, & I wish I'd been there. It was our first Xmas & our grandchildren had sent us a talking bear complete with birth certificate & PASSPORT! No visa though.

Sara-666

postal charges
We've had countless parcels sent to us here in Turkey and never had to pay a charge for them, 3 in total had been opened and re-sealed I presume by customs but still no charge, can't understand why you had to pay?

Sara

Latest Posts

Top Bottom