louise17

Post in Turkey
Hi there,
Anyone got any tips on the best way to get sent letters, gifts from the UK to Turkey, have got a PO Box but that does not seem to be that reliable, has anyone used a different method? For small items really, presents for my daughter (& me I am hoping!)
Thanks
Louise

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Post in Turkey
If you don't want to use postal services then try TNT or UPS. They both have good coverage in Turkey.

We run our Ebay business using the postal service and have only ever had problems with the UK Post Office. The PTT have always been excellent.

kernowians

Post in Turkey
I have a PO box and have no problems. I get stuff sent through ebay from China in only 5 days usually. Just make sure that anything sent to you has to be signed for as it can then be tracked.

Post in Turkey
PO Box is fine but it helps to have some relationship with the staff, otherwise stuff does end up in the back gathering dust, especially if too large for the Box. My PO Box isnt secure (they share the same box with others) but i get everything. i will still use a courrier service or similar if receiving credit crads etc forwarded by mail.

neil

Harem

I've cliqued
Post in Turkey
I have a PO box in Fethiye and have absolutely no problems at all. Everything arrives and if the package is too big for the box a note is left for me to go and collect it.

leylaasena

Post in Turkey
Try sending them 'tahhutlu' - it's like our recorded delivery.

Just fill in the form at the P.O. and you'll get a receipt.
If it gets lost it can be traced.

One friends parcel went via China instead of the Channel Islands ( she'd written C.I.).
It turned up in Jersey after about a month tho'.

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Post in Turkey
Louise - you posted this question on the Side Forum page - İ live in Side and find that the very best way here is to make friends with the Reception or Manager of a big 5 star hotel near the house or apartment you wish to send to ... not a PO Box at the PTT where they have different staff in differing moods ! and sometimes you get things - sometimes not. Also - when İ lived in a villa on a complex with a garden here and English people would send me post - it would get thrown into my garden by the gardener or man who collected maintenance in the little hut on the complex. Sometimes the dogs or cats got there first and İ never received my post!! But - for me anyway - getting to know the Receptionist and Manager of the big 5 star hotel near me has been a Godsend. They are 100% reliable and always have someone there to sign for goods for me - so İ am free to pop out to the beach or the market or visit friends or whatever and just check with them every few days and have a nice chat at the same time.

Diversaint

Now, an old fart!
Post in Turkey
I must be the unluckiest Brit living here. We get a phone bill about 1 out of every 4 or 5, I get a bank statement about the same regularity. Every bit of mail sent from the UK had been opened and 3 times, the contents had been stolen. However, the mail going from Turkey to UK has been brilliant. Make of that what you will.

A89

Post in Turkey
I have a PO box and have no problems. I get stuff sent through ebay from China in only 5 days usually. Just make sure that anything sent to you has to be signed for as it can then be tracked.

If something has to be signed for and it then goes into your PO box who signs for it? PTT staff?? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? :becky:

Post in Turkey
If something has to be signed for and it then goes into your PO box who signs for it? PTT staff?? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? :becky:

if somethinh has to be signed for they put a slip in you post box for you to go the the office ad pick it up from there/

Reactions: A89

funlife

Post in Turkey
:clap2:

Good advice been waiting for new bank card from Nationwide for 5 months now they send them but they dont get here asked them to record delivery but they wont

Chinook

Post in Turkey
been waiting for new bank card from Nationwide for 5 months now they send them but they dont get here

Have received cards from both Nationwide and Natwest on a number of ocassions without any problems and within a week of request; also faster than those from Turkish banks.

Had problems in past with UPS but this was because we did not then have a land line for the local office(Mugla) to call prior to delivery. Obviously not a problem when delivering to a PO address as there is always someone there.

Chinook

Post in Turkey
They were Debit cards.You have to change your account address to your Turkish address and then reverse when received. The credit card providors posted their cards.

ANDY2UK

Yorkshireman in Gazıpaşa
Post in Turkey
We don't have any problems receiving post here in Turkey except from family......lol

Latest Posts

Top Bottom