bickern

Post election June 9th
Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, celebrated a night of progress for his party and called on Mrs May to resign. “The mandate she has got is lost Conservative seats, lost votes, lost support and lost confidence,” he said.

George Osborne, former chancellor, said: “Clearly if she’s got a worse result than two years ago and is almost unable to form a government then I doubt she will survive in the long term as Conservative party leader.”

Well TM, if you have learned anything it is how not to run an election. How you let Corbyn get to this position is beyond belief, but hats off to him. I am just sad that in today's UK a terrorist lover can do so well.

Saoirse

Post election June 9th
I would ease up on the terrorist lover bit Norm

The Tories are going to need the Dinosaur Unionist Party --who were openly backed in their campaign by the UDA!!!!!!

Now who's in govt thanks to those connected to terrorists!!!!

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
Post election June 9th
I would ease up on the terrorist lover bit Norm

The Tories are going to need the Dinosaur Unionist Party --who were openly backed in their campaign by the UDA!!!!!!

Now who's in govt thanks to those connected to terrorists!!!!

Now now Philip, please follow the urban myth "Corbyn Terrorist lover" line, was he a minister when the UK govt negotiated with terrorists from Ulster ? do you know, I dont think he was, and yet no one calls the ministers who did and signed their names to pardons "Terrorist lovers", another TLF "funny that".

Saoirse

Post election June 9th
Mollag it gets better

the Tories are now getting into bed with the Dinosaur Unionist Party. This party was openly supported by the UDA during the election- a unionist killer gang who during the campaign blew a mans head off his shoulders as he stood holding his 4 year old in Sainsbury's car park

But there's more

The DUP aren't only linked to various unionist terror groups-their membership and indeed past candidates include those jailed for murder, robbery, weapons etc-the DUP themselves set up not one but 2 paramilitary organisations of their own!!!

I think the silence from the raving right will be deafening at the prospect that HMG is propped up by a party with such credentials

bickern

Post election June 9th
Now now Philip, please follow the urban myth "Corbyn Terrorist lover" line, was he a minister when the UK govt negotiated with terrorists from Ulster ? do you know, I dont think he was, and yet no one calls the ministers who did and signed their names to pardons "Terrorist lovers", another TLF "funny that".

let’s be clear, there’s nothing automatically wrong with negotiating with terrorists who have political agendas.

'But Mr Corbyn wasn’t negotiating with them, he was hugging them; supporting them. He was an enthusiastic encourager. He even applauded their Martyrs.

Sir Richard Dearlove - Former head of MI6

Bit of a difference really, negotiating is one thing, extolling is quite another. No myth about it.

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer
Post election June 9th
I dont see any difference at all, on is opinion the other is action.
"We dont negotiate with terrorists" Margaret Thatchers anthem

Liar or traitor?

Saoirse

Post election June 9th
If that's your position what's your view of the Tories doing exactly the same with the DUP???

Will we now hear you refer to Mayhem etc as a terrorist lover?

Can't have it both ways Norm

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo

bickern

Post election June 9th
Prime Minister Theresa May was fighting to hold on to her job on June 9 as British voters dealt her a punishing blow, denying her the stronger mandate she had sought to conduct Brexit talks and instead weakening her party's grip on power.

With no clear winner emerging from Thursday's parliamentary election, a wounded May signalled she would fight on, despite losing her majority in the House of Commons. Her Labour rival Jeremy Corbyn said she should step down.

With 643 out of 650 seats declared, the Conservatives had won 313 seats and were therefore no longer able to reach the 326-mark they would need to command a parliamentary majority. Labour had won 260 seats.

With talks of unprecedented complexity on Britain's departure from the European Union due to start in just 10 days' time, it was unclear who would form the next government and what the fundamental direction of Brexit would be.

"At this time, more than anything else this country needs a period of stability," a grim-faced May said after winning her own parliamentary seat of Maidenhead, near London.

"If ... the Conservative Party has won the most seats and probably the most votes then it will be incumbent on us to ensure that we have that period of stability and that is exactly what we will do."

After winning his own seat in north London, Corbyn said May's attempt to win a bigger mandate had backfired.

"The mandate she's got is lost Conservative seats, lost votes, lost support and lost confidence," he said.

"I would have thought that's enough to go, actually, and make way for a government that will be truly representative of all of the people of this country."

From the EU's perspective, the upset in London meant a possible delay in the start of the talks and an increased risk that negotiations would fail.

"We need a government that can act," EU Budget Commissioner Guenther Oettinger told German broadcaster Deutschlandfunk. "With a weak negotiating partner, there's a danger that the negotiations will turn out badly for both sides."

Conservative member of parliament Anna Soubry was the first in the party to disavow May in public, calling on the prime minister to "consider her position".

"I'm afraid we ran a pretty dreadful campaign," Soubry said.

May had unexpectedly called the snap election seven weeks ago, even though no vote was due until 2020. At that point, polls predicted she would massively increase the slim majority she had inherited from predecessor David Cameron.

Instead, she risks an ignominious exit after just 11 months at Number 10 Downing Street, which would be the shortest tenure of any prime minister for almost a century.

"Whatever happens, Theresa May is toast," said Nigel Farage, former leader of the anti-EU party UKIP.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/uk...alks.aspx?pageID=238&nID=114118&NewsCatID=351

SLEEPY

Post election June 9th
All the commentators are saying that 326 seats are required to have a majority in parliament.

That is wrong...as the shinners will not take their 7 seats (oath of allegiance) a majority of 322 is required(650 -7 =643)

bickern

Post election June 9th
You are certainly on the ball this morning Sleepy, not so sleepy after all.

So will May (if she survives) get her queens speech through (rhetorical)?

Last edited:

SLEEPY

Post election June 9th
Suspect she will with the support of the DUP.

Attachments

• IMG_20170609_103157.jpg
    IMG_20170609_103157.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 2

Saoirse

Post election June 9th
Norm-You've gone very quiet about parties colluding with terrorist lovers Norm!!!!!

How's it gonna feel that your UK is governed by a party propped up by those linked to terror???

Or did that only apply to JC?

Reactions: Leo

bickern

Post election June 9th
If they end up being propped up I will no doubt post how I feel Philip as I have a tendency to do so.

I refer you to Sir Richard Dearlove - Former head of MI6, as I totally concur with him on terrorist lovers.

Sir Richard Dearlove says Corbyn as PM will endanger UK | Daily Mail Online

Ian Paisley was good enough for your friend Martin McGuinness though, ended up being best drinking buddies I heard. To bring DUP in at the moment is premature because it isn't on the table (yet?).

Last edited:

Saoirse

Post election June 9th
Lol

You expose your one sidedness immediately

You were so adamant JC was a " terrorist lover" etc-in relation to

1 meetings 30 years ago
2 with a paramilitary group which no longer exists

And yet here we have a party ENDORSED BY PARAMILITARIES THIS WEEK who carried out murder only TWO WEEKS AGO and yet you do not refer to the Tories in the same way, classic stuff.

And you still pretend not to be a Tory, lol

bickern

Post election June 9th
I don't have to pretend not to be a Tory Philip, anyone who has followed my posts over the years know my thoughts. They also know my thought on terrorist lovers.

Your problem Philip is you can't separate a party from its leader, when you are able to do that you may have your eyes opened.

When you find a post from me denigrating a party instead of an individual then take a bow, but I offer my opinions on individuals because all parties are made up of those and some I agree some points with and some I don't.

That is the problem with racists and such, they can't see the individuals for their bias. So I admire people from the Tory ranks as well as the Labour ranks, but the onus is on an individual not the party.

Last edited:

Saoirse

Post election June 9th
So just to be clear

You referred to JC as a terrorist lover because of his association with SF

Will you then be referring to the Tories in the same manner should they shack up with the DUP?

bickern

Post election June 9th
No, just to be clear, it was what he openly and publicly declared, what he is on record as declaring. It is that that seems to go over your head

If the Tories or TM attend a memorial service for UK Terrorist and extols their virtues then guess what my opinion will be. If TM or any Tory refers to a UK Terrorist as a martyr guess what my opinion will be. Until such time as that happens I will keep my opinion relating to the terrorist lover JC as is.

Saoirse

Post election June 9th
Lol

Love it

JC associates with SF 30 years ago = terrorist lover

Tories associate with those CURRENTLY connected to terrorists who were killing only 10 days ago, its errrm " different"

You're embarrassing yourself badly Norm, best you stop digging

Latest Posts

Top Bottom